Administrative Support Assistant - Academic Success Center
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
Under the supervision of the TRIO Upward Bound Project Director, with overall direction provided by the Senior Director of TRIO Programs, the Administrative Support Assistant performs a variety of moderate to complex clerical assignments in support of the day-to-day operations of TRIO projects. The Administrative Support Assistant will provide support to the Senior Director of TRIO Programs, Upward Bound Project Director, and Outreach Specialist in maintaining the overall needs of TRIO projects including the maintenance of equipment, office supplies, coordinating, preparing and processing mailers for UB Program staff, securing program participant files, maintain program fiscal records and process all work orders, check requests and establishing purchase order for signatures. Assist program in maintaining and updating program database systems. Work collaboratively and effectively with program participants, parents, and staff of diverse backgrounds. This position is full-time with benefits and is grant-funded through August of 2022 with funding renewable based on project performance.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Equivalent to two years of progressively responsible general clerical/receptionist experience.
- Preferred: Prior service with TRIO program.
- Preferred: Life experience with barriers similar to those from TRIO target populations, including but not limited to being a member of an underrepresented group in higher education, being a first-generation student, being from a low-income family, or having a disability.
- Preferred: Employee supervision and event-planning experience
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Coordinates travel arrangements for staff and project participants; processes various travel documents to include travel requests, registration payments, travel advances and expense claims.
- Composes correspondence, reports, and other documents as requested; establish and maintain a complex system of files and records for both physical and electronic materials.
- Assists in the development of brochures, flyers, and informational materials regarding programming and activities.
- Assists the Coordinator in tracking the program's budget expenditures; assist in the preparation of official documents related to personnel, budget, and program performance.
- Provides clerical support to the staff including, but not limited to, coordination of publication production, special event coordination, and mass mailings.
- Identifies and orders supplies, materials, equipment and services for the office; maintains inventory of office supplies and equipment; organizes supplies for storage and/or distribution.
- Prepares and processes various purchasing forms to include, but not limited to, Purchase Requisition, Reimbursement, and Payment Request forms; reviews and confirms accuracy of invoices for approval of payment.
- Handle sensitive and/or confidential documents and information where judgment and discretion are essential.
- Ensure confidentiality of all program records and other sensitive information.
- Assists in the supervision of student assistants.
- Coordinates and schedules meetings, manages the calendar, submits paperwork for reimbursements, and answers correspondence as needed.
- Utilize the custom designed database and input Upward Bound program statistics tracking current participants and all alumni.
- Maintain an organized filing system for participants, temporary employees, student employees and administrative and office staff
- Work collaboratively with other TRIO programs, outreach/academic success programs, and university programs and offices.
- Microsoft Office and Google App proficiency; Preferred: PeopleSoft and Student Access proficiency.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.