Associate Director of Annual Giving
POSITION: Associate Director of Annual Giving
POSITION CODE: 3818
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 Months
POSTING DATE: June 30, 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Under the direction of the Director of Annual Giving, the Associate Director is responsible for coordinating and championing reunion giving, coordinating and managing key strategic affinity solicitations and raising leadership-level annual gifts from our constituents. The role will be vital to the Development Department as a whole as we expand efforts to better engage alumni, parents, faculty/staff and friends in more meaningful, creative and lasting ways. The Associate Director will also have some responsibility for qualifying individuals and soliciting philanthropic support, primarily through external solicitation.
• Supports the reunion giving effort by leading the team working with reunion classes, manages assigned reunion class co-chairs and assists reunion committees in their outreach efforts including establishing dollar and participation goals and developing strategies for meeting those goals. Coordinates with major gift or planned giving development officers as needed.
• Makes personal visits and phone calls to prospects for annual solicitation and qualifying purposes. Visit focus will be on leadership Redlands Fund prospects and affinity leadership beyond campus and will hold an expectation of 8-10 visits per month.
• Develops and implements a solicitation plan for strategic affinity groups highlighting areas of University excellence.
• Assists the Director in preparing, reviewing and monitoring each year's Redlands Fund Plan, with a focus on raising the established target for the Redlands Fund by June 30 of each year.
• Works in close partnership with the Director of Annual Giving in the recruitment and logistics of the President's Circle Leadership Committee, staffing fundraising volunteers for ongoing success.
• As part of the Advancement team, the Associate Director participates fully in various university activities, such as Homecoming, Volunteer Summit, Commencement, Endowment Luncheon, Alumni Founders' Weekend, and, on occasion, Alumni Board Meetings.
• Participates in development activities that support the campaign.
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's Degree required, with one year of related experience. Three years related experience preferred. Valid drivers' license is required. A current DMV printout demonstrating a good driving record must be presented prior to offer of employment. Successful candidate will demonstrate superb communication skills, both verbally and in writing; must have a good understanding of the fundraising process and best practices; outside sales and/or prospect solicitation experience is a plus; must be imaginative, innovative, display a sense of humor, and demonstrate the ability and strong desire to cultivate, solicit, and manage prospects and volunteers. Must be able to interact competently with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. A willingness to work evenings and weekends; travel is required. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Administrator application form at http://www.redlands.edu/human-resources/employment/associate-director---annual-giving---3818/
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909/748-8040 OR VISIT http://www.redlands.edu/human-resources/employment/
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER