Assistant Director of Recruitment
Assistant Director of Recruitment
Posting Number: S0373
Classification: Anticipated Length of Appointment:
Special area(s) of assignment (teaching/research/administration):
Willamette University is accepting applications for Assistant Director of Recruitment for the Atkinson School of Management.
The Assistant Director of Recruitment is responsible for lead and application generation, as well as inquiry management in the Early Career and Career Change and MBA for Professionals programs at the Atkinson Graduate School of Management. Serving as an admissions recruiter and counselor, this position is responsible identifying, contacting, and maintaining relationships with prospective students from the point of inquiry through matriculation. In addition, this individual maintains application files and inquiry records, plans on-campus and off-campus programs, and conducts business outreach, which includes participation in networking events, sponsorships, professional association meetings, and conferences. This position works collaboratively with the Director of Recruitment EC/CC and the Director of Admissions EC/CC, as well as part-time with the MBA for Professionals Admission team to meet enrollment goals. This position is based in Salem, Oregon.
This position is enrollment-driven and student-focused. It involves a regular, cyclical schedule and applications deadlines with uncommon opportunities for extended breaks or absences. Its responsibilities are varied and will require a flexible schedule to accommodate required work on some evenings and weekends.
Networking, relationship management, and lead generation are among the core responsibilities of this position. Effective candidates will be required to frequently communicate with students, faculty, staff, alumni, and other external audiences. Strong interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, professional comportment, and team-orientation are essential for success. Program planning and management experience will also be utilized.
The candidate will be required to operate alone on routine work and assignments. Effective implementation and knowledge of trained procedures will be required. Moreover, the candidate will be responsible for efficient use of time, learning and utilizing specialized software, and University policies and procedures. Ethical behavior and strong professional judgment must be routinely demonstrated.
To learn more about the Atkinson Graduate School of Management, visit https://willamette.edu/agsm/
This is a full-time, year round position. This position is eligible for the University's generous benefits package that includes: medical/dental insurance, sick and vacation accruals, contribution of 10% of gross base pay from the University in exchange for a mandatory contribution of 1% by the employee, tuition remission, and holidays.
Willamette University, founded in 1842, is the oldest institution of higher education in the Far West. Situated in Oregon's capital city, Willamette includes the College of Liberal Arts (approximately 2,000 students), and graduate programs in Law and Management. The university is committed to living out its motto “Not unto ourselves alone are we born” by incorporating the principles of sustainability, social justice, and action. Salem is located in the center of the picturesque Willamette Valley, approximately an hour's drive from the Pacific Coast, the Cascade Mountains, and the cities of Portland and Eugene. For more information about Willamette, visit our website at http://www.willamette.edu/
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, Willamette is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek candidates, particularly those from historically under represented groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Serves as the first point of contact for prospective MBA students by providing program, application, and admission information through mailings, electronic communications, telephone calls, social media sites, and personal correspondence.
2. Generates prospective student interest and leads through on-campus and off-campus recruitment activities, including informational presentations, one-on-one meetings, receptions, business forums, employment and career fairs, company site visits, and participation in business associations and organizations.
3. Plans and executes recruitment programs and events.
4. Coordinates and manages prospective student class visits.
5. Assists with managing communication workflow related to recruitment and yield activities.
6. Works with the Director of Marketing to develop web and media content, including recruitment publications and correspondence. Maintains and manages publication inventory.
7. Inputs and maintains CRM records for prospective and currents students, employers, and alumni.
8. Monitors application outputs, changes, and trends. Reports lead generation activities on a weekly basis.
9. Demonstrates functional knowledge and understanding of financial aid and scholarship application processes.
10. Exercises exceptional professional judgment and ethical behavior in interactions with prospective students and community members.
11. Protects and properly utilizes University resources and monies.
12. Demonstrates a high level of self-motivation and direction. Proactively addresses and reports issues, problems, and inconsistencies in recruitment and admission processes.
13. Creates and maintains a strong and active professional network.
1. Creates and manages application files. Collects required credentials and application materials from prospective students and catalogs their receipt. Frequently monitors individual student progress and attrition throughout the application process.
2. Manages and routinely updates and maintains records in DataTel and Enrollment Rx, Willamette University’s student information systems.
3. Regularly communicates with prospective students regarding their application status.
4. Drafts application summaries and reports.
5. Works closely with the Director of Recruitment and Director of Admission to ensure a high-level of service to prospective students.
6. Strongly demonstrates the ability to work with confidential information. Ensures and safeguards University compliance with Federal laws and statutes pertaining to student records.
7. Works with prospective students and Director of Admission to gather required information and documentation related to transfer credit articulation.
1. Updates student files and electronic records after admission.
2. Coordinates with University departments—Financial Aid, Health Center, Registrar’s Office, Student Accounts, etc.—to ensure timely receipt of required information and documentation for admitted students.
3. Assists with the planning, organization, and execution of new student orientation programs and Career Connections Conference throughout the year.
1. Participates actively as a member of the Atkinson Graduate School of Management admission team. Makes positive contributions to discussions related to recruitment, admission, student enrollment, and departmental budgets.
2. Assists and supports the recruitment activities of any Atkinson Graduate School of Management program as assigned.
3. Protects confidential information in interactions with faculty, students, staff, alumni, donors, and any other unauthorized person or group.
4. Works with the Director of Marketing Communication to develop and refine marketing and communications campaigns designed to drive demand and lead generation for the Early Career and Career Change MBA program. Helps identify, coordinate and execute communications needs throughout the recruitment and admissions pipeline, with a focus on consistency and effectiveness in messaging.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional Information/About the Department:
1. BA, BS, or BBA required; MBA from an AACSB accredited institution preferred.
2. Two or more years of knowledge of, and/or experience with, personal selling, integrated marketing communication strategy, enrollment management, college admissions, and management education working in an admission operations, marketing, public relations or other related fields.
3. Strong computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Windows, Microsoft Publisher and experience with data entry for computerized information systems. Experience editing and maintaining web pages. Willingness and ability to learn new technologies associated with the job.
4. Ability to accurately input, maintain, collect and monitor database information and hard copy files.
5. Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to interpret and explain policies, procedures, and programs to a broad constituency.
6. Strong organizational, time management, event planning, and effectively manage multiple projects and tasks in an effective manner consistent with all Atkinson School and University policies and procedures.
7. Ability to exercise discretion, maintain confidentiality make independent, sound decisions and utilize good judgment.
8. Ability to work weekends, evenings and travel overnight for extended periods of time. May include regional, national or international destinations where travel by air, car or other modes of transportation may be necessary.
9. Ability to work independently and work collaboratively as a member of a team, as well as establish and maintain harmonious relations with staff, faculty, students, prospective students, alumni and others in a manner that positively portrays the University and its programs, personnel and philosophy.
10. Must possess a current driver’s license valid in the state of Oregon or ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire and a driving record insurable by the University’s insurer.
11. Successful clearance of a criminal conviction record check.
1. MBA from an AACSB accredited institution preferred.
If you would like to apply for this position, please visit https://willamette.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/willametteuniversityjobs
Open Until Filled: Yes
Apply online at https://jobs.willamette.edu/postings/2398
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.