Adjunct Faculty, Global Affairs
The Global Affairs program at the University of Denver seeks qualified individuals to join our faculty pool for future part time teaching assignments in face to face, hybrid, and online formats. Courses offered over the 2017-18 academic year can be found here: http://universitycollege.du.edu/ga/degree/masters/global-affairs-online/degreeid/539#courses.
- Faculty responsibilities include teaching 1-2 courses per quarter depending on the program's needs and course enrollment.
- Actively engaging with students in face-to-face or online environments as appropriate.
- Grading assignments and providing feedback in a timely manner.
- Reporting grades, preparing class materials, holding office hours, providing basic guidance and support to students.
- Replying to email communication from students and colleagues.
- Participating in occasional program meetings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Specific competencies are determined on a course by course basis. Finalists will be asked to outline competencies as relevant to the course(s) they are interested in teaching.
- MA in Global Affairs, International Relations, Cultural Studies, or a related field.
- Professional experience in area of expertise.
- Teaching experience at the college level.
- Experience working with and engaging diverse populations.
- Ph.D. in Global Affairs, International Relations, Cultural Studies, or a related field.
- Extensive professional experience in area of expertise.
- Teaching experience at the college level in both face-to-face and online formats.
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations, including adult learners and non-traditional students.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. For questions about this position, please contact Jessica Lovan at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- The names and contact information for three professional references.
- A document in which the applicant lists the top 3 courses that she or he feels qualified to teach, chosen from the program's offerings: http://universitycollege.du.edu/ga/degree/masters/global-affairs-online/degreeid/539#courses. Please include a short paragraph explaining why you are qualified to teach each course listed.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.