Philanthropy Coordinator - BRI
Required: · Bachelor's degree
· Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
· One to three years development experience, with progressively more responsibilities.
Preferred: · Graduate studies in a relevant field (biology, conservation, business, etc.) are a plus.
· A conservation background is preferred but not required.
· Ability to interface with individuals at every level of an organization, both internally and externally, and sense of humor.
· The ability to adapt quickly to, plan for, and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced setting.
Primary Responsibilities: · Designs and implements a comprehensive development plan for the BRI to engage new and current donors for the long-term success of the BRI.
· Working with BRI Director, oversees the development and implementation of a campaign strategy.
· Personally manages a focused portfolio of 25 principal gifts, donors, and prospects to increase giving, deepen relationships with the BRI, and build a pipeline of support.
· Develops and maintains a collaborative working alliance with BRI faculty and staff.
· Stays current with BRI priorities and needs to help identify private sector funding sources.
· Assists with donor prospecting (including the use of Metasoft's Foundation Search).
· Works with identified BRI Advisory Board to develop and further relationships.
· Ensures the BRI crafts effective proposals, reports, acknowledgements, and other related communications.
· Oversees the development of fundraising/marketing collateral.
· Coordinates various cultivation and stewardship activities, including small, high-level field trips, fundraising and educational events.
Responsible for personal safety and the safety of others; must exercise due caution and practice safe work habits at all times. Duties unique to BRI and other duties as assigned. Position is security sensitive.