Senior Software engineer (Windows Azure)
Must be a U.S. Permanent Resident or U.S. Citizen
The Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure will participate in the definition, implementation and roll-out of a smart device ecosystem. The candidate will contribute in a lead role to the detailed architectural design of the cloud backend, data collection, system security and user-facing web interfaces, as well as performing individual software coding. As the senior team member with focused cloud expertise, the candidate will see the cloud ecosystem through all stages of development. The successful candidate will design and code with a master-level understanding of the art of programming, ultimately producing clear, elegant solutions well-suited to the given requirements.
The Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure candidate will:
- Lead discussion and architectural definition of the cloud infrastructure, scalability, data collection, overall system security and web interfaces, and its integration into the ecosystem
- Produce high level and detailed software architecture documents.
- Create software design specifications that will be used to guide the infrastructure development, both by internal and external resources.
- Own the Microsoft Azure-based cloud infrastructure, including the messaging service framework, identity provider service, over-the-air firmware update service and the associated user-facing web interfaces.
- Own the Microsoft Azure deployment scripts, including scripted deployment, staging and lifecycle management.
- Actively contribute to the code base as a master-level programmer
- Guide and lead internal and external software developers contributing to the code base
- Participate in software code reviews to ensure the creation of high-quality, robust code by all team members.
- Influence, guide and build consensus among the various development members with respect to the architectural designs.
The Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure will possess:
- A Bachelor Degree (EE, Software or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience) with at least 5 years hands-on programming experience in cloud infrastructure.
- Fluency in C#, Java, HTML and PowerShell as well as various scripting languages
- Fluency in XML, SQL databases and Microsoft Azure SQL database specifically
- Fluency in various Microsoft Azure technologies, including:
- Microsoft Windows Communication Foundation
- Microsoft Identity Framework
- Microsoft Azure Application Service
- Microsoft Azure Operations infrastructure for Application Service
- Microsoft Semantic Logging Application Block
- Microsoft Entity Framework
- Microsoft Azure Worker Role
- Microsoft Azure Service Bus
- Microsoft Azure Redis Cache
- Microsoft Azure Push Notification Hub and the underlying Apple Push Notification Service and Google Push Service
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Service
- Expert knowledge of best-in-class security implementing, internal methods for validating that a system is appropriately secured as well as experience in using external security intrusion-validation teams
- Master-level coding maturity and polish as evidenced by commercial-quality cloud infrastructure in which the candidate had significant participation in design and development.
- Keen interest and knowledge of git and Gerrit source control and Jira bug tracking systems and their functions in successful software development efforts.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing appropriate documentation, identifying code and design flaws and suggesting improvements.
- Experience with standard test tools and debugging systems and their appropriate use in the software development cycle.
- Experience with the Microsoft Azure lifecycle, including developing, publishing and debugging Azure services, via both Microsoft Visual Studio and via PowerShell scripts
- Ability to travel about 5% of work time.
TRS is a full service technical recruiting firm specializing in highly technical, executive, and operational recruiting.
Mon, 17 Jul 2017 11:50:35 PDT