Business Intelligence Program Director
Working Title: Business Intelligence Program Director
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: School of Medicine, Dean's Office
Posting Date: 07-17-2017
The School of Medicine at the University of Virginia seeks applications for a Business Intelligence Program Director. The Business Intelligence Initiative ("BI") will create a new service and provide new tools for the administrative staff and leaders of the School of Medicine and UVA Health System. This service will be delivered by a committee which will be comprised of a multi-disciplinary group of staff. Not all of the staff on the team will be dedicated full time to the BI initiative. The BI initiative will require development of the business practices to deliver this service and the business practices of using the service. The Business Intelligence Program Director will have responsibility for developing these new business practices and engaging staff and leaders to embrace and use the BI information. Since the BI initiative has the capability to be used by a wide range of constituents, a successful implementation of the BI initiative will require obtaining input, collaboration and engagement of key stake holders.
The qualified candidate must have an MBA or a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering or a related discipline. In addition, required experience includes extensive experience (10-15 years) of demonstrated progressive experience in managing complex projects in the IT/Business Intelligence field. Experience in an academic medical center, university, biomedical research or healthcare IT environment is expected. Experience with process automation is required. Demonstrated understanding of Decision Support, Finance, Human Resources, Space Management, Admissions and Registrar functions. Ability to work in a complex environment with a highly heterogeneous mix of hardware, software, resources, and user needs.
Applicants should complete a staff application through the Jobs@UVa website and provide a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references.
This is a restricted position contingent upon the continued availability of funds.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent oral and written communication skills
2. Demonstrated ability to communicate with, and influence, key stakeholders in the research arena including faculty, deans, department chairs, and other colleagues.
3. Demonstrated ability to work and lead in a team environment as well as individually
4. Demonstrated ability to "see the big picture" and think strategically while at the same time being thorough and detail oriented.
5. Strong leadership skills and ability to manage by influence.
6. Strong project and vendor management skills
7. Demonstrated ability to learn quickly
8. Disciplined, data-driven approach to decision making.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82309