Graduate Assistant Men's Basketball - 10 month
The Graduate Assistant Basketball Coach provides assistance in all phases of coaching the Division II Men's Basketball program including: student-athlete recruitment, game preparation, player evaluation, academic coordination, and practice and game coaching. Also provide administrative support as assigned.
This is a Part-Time 10-month position (08/01/17 - 05/31/18)
This position is not eligible for benefits, however, it is eligible for Tuition Remission
Please include a cover letter with your application materials
Assist in all aspects of the student athlete development and performance of the intercollegiate men's basketball program to include:
- Implementing and coordinating the recruitment process.
- Organizing, recruitment/evaluation of student-athletes.
- Instructing and supervising practices and player conditioning.
- Providing appropriate leadership, direction and supervision relevant to the academic progress. and personal development of student-athletes within the baseball program.
- Creating a positive and productive environment for the student-athletes.
Assist with the administrative functions with the intercollegiate men's basketball program:
- Coordinating travel for team trips, recruiting and official visits.
- Monitoring academic progress of student-athletes.
Participate in promotional and public relations to advance athletic programs by:
- Representing the Department of Athletics at designated University, departmental and community functions.
- Serving in public relations capacities as needed.
- Encouraging staff and student-athletes to participate in community service activities.
- Promote the University's core values to student's, co-workers and university community.
- Build effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
- Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work hours vary during in-season and out-of-season
Must be willing to work evening and weekends and travel with team as needed
Required, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of coaching basketball techniques
- Ability to motivate student-athletes
- Leadership skills
- Ability to effectively work with collegiate student-athletes
- Demonstrated ability to use computer programs
- Ability to recruit student athletes
- Valid Driver's License
- Well developed interpersonal communication skills to deal with recruits and their parents
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Must be enrolled or accepted into the graduate program.
- Collegiate baseball background
- A commitment to ensure compliance with all NCAA and University rules and regulations
Job ID 2017-1539
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo