Unified Communications Analyst
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 07-17-2017
The Unified Communications Analyst is responsible for the administration and maintenance of the Unified Communications systems, which include performing daily moves, adds, changes, and deletes that are required for the following applications:
1. Unified Communications Manager
2. IM and Presence
3. Emergency Responder
4. Unity Connection
5. Unified Contact Center Express
7. Informacast IP Paging
8. RightFax Fax over IP
The individual will support the Unified Communications Engineers and the Team Lead as well as participate in technical research and development of emerging technologies within the infrastructure. Additionally, this person will assist project teams with technical issues in the planning and implementation phases. This individual is accountable for the Cisco Unified Communications applications as well as the applications and hardware that provide additional but necessary functionality and will participate in an after-hours on-call rotation.
1. At least 100 semester hours in an Information Technology related field, verified by transcript. Bachelor's Degree must be obtained by January 2018.
2. 1 year of progressively more responsible work experience in IT related profession.
3. Basic understanding of network technologies such as IP, DNS, DHCP
4. Basic understanding of telecommunications standards and protocols
5. Basic understanding of the client-server architecture
6. Basic understanding of databases such as PostreSQL, IBM Informix, SQL, and MySQL
7. Basic understanding of clustering technologies.
8. Demonstrated strong customer service skills along with a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and service quality and reliability
9. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to conduct internal and external meetings.
10. Ability to work independently and in a team environment with good communication and collaboration skills
11. Ability to clearly communicate complex technical concepts verbally and in writing to management, technical staff, and costumers in terms of appropriate for each audience
12. Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements
13. Foundation qualification in Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITILv3) or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
14. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. One year of experience collecting technical requirements and designing appropriate process and software solutions
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.