Senior Employee Performance and Development Consultant
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Senior Employee Performance and Development Consultant
Position #213342 - Requisition #10332
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus Human Resources department is seeking applications for a full-time, University Staff Senior Employee Performance and Development Consultant.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Jobs in this career family provide the management of human capital. Functions include providing advice and guidance to managers and employees, and performing functions including strategic planning and analysis, compliance with policies and laws, employment and compensation, job evaluation, performance and leave management, employee training/development, reward and recognition, employee relations, affirmative action, benefits, employee records/information, and payroll.
Senior Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed fully independently.
This full-time, University Staff (non-classified) position provides consultative services and training in the areas of performance management and Federal, State and University laws, policies and procedures. The position reports to the Director of Employee Performance and Development and will be located at the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora, Colorado.
Position is responsible for:
- Consulting with assigned schools, colleges and departments on constructive methods, processes, applicable federal, state and Regent laws/regulations (including FLMA and FLSA) and providing options for resolving conflicts and improving work relationships and the work environment.
- Guiding and advising managers and HR partners in assigned units on employee relations matters, including resolving performance issues, managing leaves and addressing classified staff employee grievances.
- Consulting with assigned departments on the annual performance evaluation processes.
- Conducting investigations into allegations of violations of the university's Anti-Violence Policy.
- Contributing to the development of, and conduct, training course such as new employee orientation, performance management, team building, DiSC, Crucial Conversations and Crucial Accountability.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Science or related field and five years of progressive professional experience in employee/organizational relations and training/professional development work as an HR Business Partner or Employee Relations specialist.
- Professional level human resources experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the bachelor's degree requirement.
- A master's degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Science may substitute for an unrelated bachelor's degree.
- Higher Education human resources experience
- Master's degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field
- Certification in from a professional HR Association (PHR, SPHR, IPMA)
- Experience working with FMLA and FLSA regulations
- Experience with HRIS systems
- Experience with State Personnel Rules
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to actively listen and share relevant information, anticipate problems, establish and maintain effective and smooth working relationships, and work effectively with internal and external constituents to satisfy service expectations.
- Demonstrate high accountability to self, the department and the university through ethical behavior.
- Outstanding customer services skills.
- Knowledge of professional standards, concepts, and practices of addressing performance management issues and training
- Facility with presenting information and trainings.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and evaluate a broad range of laws, rules, and regulations in order to exercise good judgment in applying them to human resource functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of State personnel rules.
- Knowledge of university rules and regulations.
- Familiarity with applicable Federal, state and university laws, regulations and policies
- Intermediate-level MS Excel skills
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references). Questions should be directed to Carlos.Miron@ucdenver.edu.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Human Resources
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60043 - ADM-AVCHR Administration
Posting Date: Jul 17, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Carlos Miron
Posting Contact Email: Carlos.Miron@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00213342