Instructor- Nurse Practitioner
Instructor- Nurse Practitioner
Geriatrics - 304106
UNT Health has a mission to serve the people of Texas, advance the health of communities and support the mission of UNT Health Science Center.
* Through the compassionate delivery of quality healthcare services to a diverse population.
* By advancing medical knowledge with participation in research.
* By actively participating in the education of current and future healthcare providers.
* Through collaboration with communities to improve access of healthcare for all people.
The vision of UNT Health is: "To be the healthcare provider of choice"
The University of North Texas Health Science Center's Center for Geriatrics is seeking a qualified Nurse Practitioner.
The Center for Geriatrics has the goal of strengthening Geriatric education and training programs and empowering seniors to help them stay healthy enough to lead the best quality of life possible through direct patient care.
This position includes, but is not limited to:
* Clinic and facility Geriatric patient care.
* Some weekend and after hours call.
* Teaching of interprofessional healthcare students, medical students and/or PA students.
* Instructor level rank with non-tenure track.
* Credentialing assistance, paid liability insurance, CME and vacation package.
* Opportunity to work with local hospitals, nursing and hospice facilities.
* Opportunities to work within the Community and Home.
* Pay based on MGMA standards and commensurate with experience.
* Health and retirement benefits as a full-time state employee.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit-and takes actions to prevent-discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
* NP degree from an accredited college.
* Board certified and TX licensed by time of start date.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* 3-5 years of experience in Inpatient or Geriatric Care is preferred.
* Experience and enthusiasm to work in a team environment.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their application.
Commensurate with experience
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
If required, please list all certifications required for this position.
Board certified and TX licensed.
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled