Communications Specialist II (Web Developer)
Communications Specialist II (Web Developer)
Communications Specialist II
CCAMPIS - 160580
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm; Some weekends and evenings
The Division of Student Affairs provides programs and services to support students and enrich their learning experience while at the University of North Texas. We pride ourselves on working collaboratively across the community to create a vibrant campus community which engages students in a wide range of co-curricular pursuits.
The Office of the Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Communications Specialist II to join our team. This position will engage in web development activities to benefit both individual departments, and the Division of Student Affairs.Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Regular exposure to business stakeholders and executive management, as well as the authority and scope to apply your expertise to many interesting technical problems.
* Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
* The position requires software development experience and knowledge of responsive design principles.
* Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
* Deep functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services is needed to be successful in this position.
* Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
Bachelor's Degree in related field and three years of experience in writing and/or editing publications; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Ability to conceptualize, write and edit strategic, accurate and concise content for university audiences.
* Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, conduct multiple tasks and maintain effective working relationships.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Ability to visually inspect print and online copy when self-editing or editing the copy of others
* Develops cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group of people, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties.
* Knowledge of how to contact sources and ability to conduct interviews and take accurate notes.
* Extensive knowledge of spelling, grammar, punctuation and Associated Press and Chicago Manual styles.
* Knowledge of writing guidelines for various media and ability to create unique copy for each format (print, online, broadcast).
* Understanding of institutional strategy (or ability to quickly assimilate) and ability to integrate the strategy into modes of communication.
* Ability to supervise and coordinate the work of others.
* Knowledge of and ability to research industry best practices to assist the division, college or unit in aligning strategies for UNT publications (print and digital) with University strategy and guidelines.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Development experience with PHP.
* Drupal module development.
* Experience with Foundation and/or Bootstrap.
* Experience with Adobe Dreamweaver.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting