The Custodial Worker reports directly to the Custodial Supervisor and performs
daily custodial services requirements provided within assigned zone area(s), including general cleaning and trash removal; cleaning various building room types and surfaces (i.e.) restrooms, offices, lobbies, entrances, stairwells, laboratories,
elevators, medical areas, etc.; Applies proper cleaning techniques which may
include: vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, stripping and waxing, dusting, spot
cleaning, scrubbing, and disinfecting; Removes trash and recycling; Restocks
all fixtures (toilet paper, towels, soap, and sanitizer); Utilizes various equipment
(vacuum cleaners, floor machines, etc.) in completion of duties. In addition, the
Custodial Worker demonstrates excellent customer service for internal and
external customers; Informs Custodial Supervisor and/or Custodial Team Lead of
customer needs and delivers an appropriate response(s), as directed; Demonstrates progress towards reaching goals and objectives; Demonstrates compliance with quality assurance inspection results for assigned zone(s); Demonstrates compliance with instructions regarding work in-process and upon completion; Delivers work results which are in compliance with established
practices and standards, and overall acceptability of work; Ensures all assigned
working areas are maintained in a safe and orderly manner and continuously free of trash and debris; Maintains appropriate inventory supply levels and
requests re-orders, as needed; Operates and maintains equipment in a safe
manner and requests repairs, as needed; Demonstrates compliance with PPE
usage; use of cautionary signage; and use of appropriate cleaning chemicals;
and Demonstrates compliance with safety codes, OSHA, EPA, and other
IEBC (Internal Employees Being Considered).
3CP02:Phys Plt-Custodial Services
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects up to and possibly over 50lbs; Standing
or walking with objects up to 25lbs; Repetitive motion. Work is performed in assigned zone locations and employee may occasionally be exposed to elements, weather, and other non-office or inside building type conditions
5:30am - 2:15pm; (Monday-Friday).
2:00pm - 10:30pm; (Monday-Friday).
9:30pm - 6:00am; (Monday-Friday).
3:30am - 12:00 noon; (Monday-Friday).
Hours of work may vary dependent upon situational factors and may include
some nights(s), weekend(s), and holiday(s) response.
MS Windows / Office; and KRONOS.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
High School + 1-year in housekeeping and/or custodial services. Driver's License and the ability to drive.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate your years of paid work experience in custodial services (i.e. cleaning offices, labs, restrooms, etc.).
- More than 0, through 1 year
- More than 1 year, through 3 years
- More than 3 years, through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Are you currently a regular full-time employee within the University of Kentucky's Auxiliary Services Division?
- Yes, I am a regular full-time employee with Auxiliary Services at the University of Kentucky.
- No, but I am a University of Kentucky STEPS temporary employee with Auxiliary Services.
- No, I am not employed in any capacity by Auxiliary Services at the University of Kentucky.
- * Please indicate the number of years of paid work experience you have as a regular full-time employee at the University of Kentucky.
- More than 0, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 4 years
- More than 4 years, up through 6 years
- More than 6 years, up through 10 years
- More than 10 years, up through 15 years
- More than 15 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter