Administrative Support Associate - Journey
Position Number 999492
Position Classification Title Administrative Support Assc
Functional Title Administrative Support Associate - Journey
Position Type Staff
Student Health Services strives to enhance the physical, psychological, environmental, and health education status of UNC-Greensboro students. As a health organization operating within an academic institution, the Student Health Services Department is committed to the support of the educational, research and service missions of the University.
- Provide excellent and effective customer service to patients and visitors to the office with an emphasis on "warm & welcoming answer questions in a friendly, helpful and accurate manner;
- Exercise oral and written communication skills when performing such duties as patient registration and checking in and out patients from various clinics
- Schedule medical clinic appointments in the Medicat system,
- Handle multi-line telephone system and assisting with
- Monitor and update document and referral manager functions in the practice management system,
- Maintain and file medical information accurately into the electronic health record;
- Retrieve health information in electronic and printed formats from patients and outside providers
- Process requests for medical information
- Post payments for services received using cash drawer, credit card machine, and electronic transfer using the Medicat system
- Efficiently use a computer, scanner, copier, fax and various other office equipment
The ideal candidate will have a thorough knowledge of HIPAA and Privacy regulations, excellent customer service skills and health information / medical record experience in student health and have an associate's degree or two years college equivalent
The position requires:
- Experience with electronic health records
- Strong oral communication and people skills
- Be computer literate
- Ability to multi-task
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENCY; OR DEMONSTRATED POSSESSION OF THE COMPETENCIES NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE WORK.
- Associates degree or 2 years college equivalent;
- student health experience;
- HIPAA knowledge;
- FERPA knowledge
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent Customer Service Exp.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Efficient use of computers and office equipment
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
You must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an electronic application.
The application must be completed in full detail for your qualifications to be considered.
The applicant has the option to upload with the electronic application, the following documents:
- Cover Letter
Your application to the position will not be complete until you receive an online confirmation number at the end of the process of applying for a position
Recruitment Range $24,999 - $28,383
Org #-Department Student Health Services - 44604
Work Hours of Position 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday; Rotate weekends; 1 night per week
Job Family Administrative and Managerial
Competency Level Journey
2-4 key competencies for successful execution of job duties, including chosen level definition:
Verbal Communications - Responds to questions/issues that deviate from standard operating procedures by determining and consulting appropriate resources such as policies, manuals or other staff. Responds to requests for program and procedural information. Contacts service recipients, vendors, or clients to provide or obtain information. Schedules and coordinates appointments, meetings and events.
Information Records Administration - Records, compiles and summarizes data using established format. Compiles and organizes information from different resources to develop reports and data.
Office Technology - Selects, understands and fully applies features of a variety of software programs, machines or office equipment that will produce the desired results.
Program Knowledge - Understands programs and services to apply this knowledge in problem solving and responding to most questions and inquiries. Uses program knowledge to interface with other offices and organizations
Open Date 07/17/2017
Close Date 08/03/2017
Job Close Date
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Salary Grade Equivalency 59
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Have you graduated from high school or received a GED?
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News & Record
- Carolina Peacemaker
- Other Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Online Job Board
- Personal Networking
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu