Senior Administrative Associate
Requisition Number STA - 201000000508
Job Title Senior Administrative Associate
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Senior Administrative Associate .
The University - the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city - seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families and communities by providing high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow's careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/
This is specialized professional administrative work planning and aiding in the business management and staff services functions of an academic administrator's office. An employee in this class operating with a high level of initiative and judgement is responsible for a variety of complex decisions and administrative services. Instructions received are usually general and minimal.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Reports to the Director of Academic Success and Bar readiness, and 0versees administrative operations in the Office of Academic Success and Bar Readiness.
- Promptly completes assignments and keeps calendars for Director and Assistant Directors.
- Serves as personal assistant to the Office of Academic Success and Bar Readiness, maintaining calendar, appointments, correspondence and files.
- Monitors and executes expenditures within budgets.
- Assists the Director Academic Success and Bar Readiness in preparation of speeches, reports and in responses to official inquires.
- Assists the Office of Academic Success and Bar Readiness in preparation of workshops and other large scale programming.
- Provides input and administrative support for proposed programs and operational changes.
- Provides staff assistance in negotiation and administration of contracts and grants.
- Maintains contact and liaison with other university offices and external agencies as requested.
- Coordinates special assignments and projects.
- Follows appropriate safety procedures and security measures related to work performed.
- Understands and follows rules regarding principles of confidentiality relating to all office and student matters.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree and three years of office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of (or ability to rapidly assimilate and retain) University fiscal and academic policy, procedure and practices.
- Considerable knowledge of sound business management principles, policies, and techniques.
- Considerable knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Thorough knowledge of electronic information systems and accounting systems.
- Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
- Ability to keep complex records; to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions within the framework of broad goals and objectives.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
- Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of safe working procedures and security measures related to work performed and work supervised.
- Ability to complete all of the above tasks as instructed by the Director and Assistant Directors.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Experience working with students in higher education.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
Monday - Friday
Substitution of Experience/Education Yes
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- What is your highest level of completed education?
- High School/GED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- PhD (or terminal degree for your discipline)
- How many years of experience do you have in office administration or business management?
- Cover Letter
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)