Research Associate-Fixed Term
The successful candidate, in collaboration with the mentor and his team, will be responsible for designing and utilizing invitro and invivo methodologies to investigate the pathophysiology of allergic diseases with an emphasis on identifying the role of specific adapter molecules and pathways that regulate mast cell response in the disease process.Required Degree
- Applicants should have a Ph.D. degree in biological sciences preferably with a strong immunology/pharmacology background.
- The position requires a minimum of 4-5 years of graduate research experience and a strong publication record.
- The candidate must be highly motivated and have extensive experience in cell signaling assays, flow cytometry and cell sorting, molecular biology, animal (mice) handling, experimental planning, and data interpretation.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as a team member are essential.
- Experience with the design, utilization, and evaluation of murine models of allergic diseases such as asthma is a plus.
- The position requires the ability to lead projects, and work co-operatively with others.
- Ideal candidates will have excellent organizational, time management, and multi tasking skills.
- Other duties include supervision of other laboratory members, and participation in the writing of grants and manuscripts.
A full CV with publication list
Cover letter including the names and contact details of 3 references
PDF copies of 2 of your most recent publicationsSpecial Instructions
Please apply at www.jobs.msu.eduSummary of Health Risks
Animal (mice) handling