Specialist - Curriculum Dev-Fixed Term
The Department of Kinesiology within the College of Education at Michigan State University seeks a Coordinator of Physical Activity Instruction, Internships, & Practica to implement the department Basic Instruction Program and to coordinate undergraduate internships and graduate-level practica.
Specific job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implementation of KIN Basic Instruction Program
- Responsible for constructing and overseeing basic instruction program curriculum, ensuring that offerings meet campus needs; additionally responsible for staffing the basic instruction program, training and evaluating instructors, coordinating evaluation of graduate teaching assistants, monitoring enrollments, scheduling department courses, coordinating use of campus and other facilities, and maintaining inventory of sport/physical activity equipment and first aid supplies; requires close coordination with the KIN Chairperson and KIN Director of Graduate Studies as well as office staff.
- Coordination of Undergraduate Internships
- Responsible for overseeing and implementing the undergraduate internship experiences in collaboration with the internship instructor(s); emphasis will be on ensuring curricular integration of internship experiences, organizational management in line with curricular and other requirements, procuring and assessing quality of internship sites and supervisors, and responding to student needs; requires close coordination with the KIN Director of Undergraduate Studies.
- Coordination of Graduate-level Practica
- Responsible for overseeing graduate-level practica in KIN; emphasis will be on serving online MS students, ensuring curricular integration of pracitca experiences, assessing quality of practica experiences and supporting resources, evaluating student performance, and other duties associated with an instructional and mentoring role; requires close coordination with the KIN Coordinator of Sport Coaching & Leadership Online Programs.
Other duties as assigned, including instructional, support, or other responsibilities as determined by the KIN Chairperson.Required Degree
- Master’s Degree in Kinesiology, Exercise Science, Physical Education, or related field
- Physical activity instruction experience through coaching, teaching, or community programs
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheet, and database software as well as educational technology
- Familiarity with university systems such as EBS, CLIFMS, and D2L
- Prior experience with internship/practicum administration
- Demonstrated experience in process improvement, problem solving, taking initiative, team-based work, customer service, and ongoing professional development
Cover letter; Resume/CVSpecial Instructions
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume/CV.