Sr. Accounting Clerk (Reg FT)
Sr. Accounting Clerk (Reg FT)
Community College of Allegheny County
Performs advanced clerical and accounting support functions which include verifying, and documenting the school financial and payroll transactions. Exhibits proficiency in technical area as assigned.
Work location and additional information:
As an applicant, please anticipate taking job specific tests that will be administered if selected for testing.
Current CCAC SEIU Staff: Please be sure to submit a completed Request for Internal Transfer or Promotion form. Also be sure to submit an up to date completed CCAC application online.
This position is responsible for Kronos timekeeping system for the Office of College Services.
Campus: Office of College Services
Days and Hours (for hourly position):
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Additional hours, including morning, evening and weekend hours, may be required to meet the needs of the department and during peak periods.
Must be able to perform mathematical calculations rapidly and accurately, operate office machines; maintain financial files and records; prepare financial reports and statements; understand and carry out oral and written directions; meet with the public tactfully and courteously and answer questions over the counter and by telephone; maintain cooperative working relationships; demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse population.
Education and Experience: An associate's degree in accounting and one year of related experience or any equivalent combination of training, experience and education. Must be able to type at a rate of 30 WPM.
Skill Requirements: Must be familiar with methods, practices, and terminology used in bookkeeping, accounting, and financial record keeping; modern office methods and practices; operation of personal computer software programs including word processing and spreadsheet tools. Requires proficiency in use of College office software.
Physical Requirements, If Applicable: Must be able to type 30 wpm for a two hour interval without interruption; able to sit or stand without a break for up to three hours.
1. Performs complex and analytical clerical accounting duties in one of the following areas: Benefits, Budgets, Bursar, Business Office, Student Accounts, and Accounting.
2. Prepares forms, reports, records, and correspondence; receives and responds to related mail, phone calls and other inquiries; maintains contacts and reconciles discrepancies with external parties.
3. Assists with reconciling accounts; posts, balances and codes data; prepares related records, logs and reports.
4. Occasionally participates in hiring, training, and coordinating the work of part-time, work-study, temporary or newly hired/transferred personnel.
5. Oversees and coordinates the work of temporary, work-study, part-time, or newly hired/transferred personnel.
6. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Secondary Duties (If applicable): May develop spreadsheets and databases to store and analyze data.
Job Category: Office Support Staff/Maintenance/Housekeeping
Job Type: Full-time
Job Open Date: 07-14-2017
Job Close Date: 7/28/2017
All applicants must apply online at: http://www.ccacjobs.com. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.