Associate Director, IT
Associate Director, ITJob Description:
UF Information Technology (UFIT) seeks applications for an IT Associate Director position within Enterprise Systems, a unit within UFIT.
UFIT is seeking an experienced Associate Director interested in applying their administrative and/or technical expertise to fast-paced, customer-focused production support and development environments.
This position is responsible for the following major areas:
- Lead all data related activities and initiatives related to reporting, analytics, master data management (MDM), integrations, databases, data warehouse and ETLs (extract transform load).
- Responsible for leading or championing projects employing cross-functional teams of IT professionals, especially mapping data elements; defining data entities, standards, and governance; and interfacing with data providers.
- The incumbent understands the business strategy of a particular function/or business area and ensures the team has the knowledge to define detailed business requirements and design the technical solutions. This involves working with management to identify training opportunities and assist with staff professional development.
- This position leads managers, developers, database administrators and analysts toward attaining the organization's goals and objectives.
- This position is responsible for strategic planning, resource management, technical direction, and standards development. This position also communicates effectively with senior leadership, peers, direct reports, and the project management office, with the goal of achieving organizational objectives.
- The incumbent works with the UF community, peers, staff and management to establish processes and standards for delivering enterprise solutions for MDM, APIs, data warehouse, reporting, analytics and the governance surrounding these areas.
In terms of capabilities, the incumbent develops a general understanding of the supported enterprise applications, architecture, analysis, design and development. They seek continuous knowledge for best practices and industry standards in data management and ensures their teams are equipped with the necessary resources to meet deliverables. They also maintain a high level of personal expertise in leadership and management techniques, and University business processes through training opportunities and individual research.
UF is one of the nation’s top universities and a dynamic and rewarding place to work. Plus, UF is located in Gainesville, one of Florida’s most livable cities. Known for its natural attractions (wetlands, forests, springs, wildlife) and cultural offerings (music, theatre, visual arts, historic districts), the area also is gaining a reputation as a thriving hub for high-tech start-ups, invention and research collaborations. We are excited about what’s happening here and want you to be a part of it.
Learn more about UFIT at https://it.ufl.edu/ and @GoGatorsUFIT.Advertised Salary:
$120,000-145,000; commensurate with education and experience.
In addition, the University of Florida offers a very competitive benefits package.
To qualify, the applicant must have completed a Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and have five (5) years of relevant experience; or the applicant must have completed a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and seven (7) years of appropriate experience.
Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience, but does not negate the minimum requirement of a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree.Preferred Qualifications:
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, other related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with several of the following:
- Enterprise software, including Oracle databases, International Business Machines (IBM) InfoSphere, IBM DataStage, IBM Cognos, PeopleSoft, IBM Integration Bus (IIB), IBM DataPower
- MDM concepts and definition, data governance, data modeling, and metadata management
- Data warehousing
- Working with large data sets for statistical analysis, data mining, and data cleansing/transformations
- Designing and maintaining ETL processes
- Data analytics, visualization and reporting software
- Relational databases (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Database (DB2))
- Multiple systems integration technologies and concepts
- Managing staff members or project teams responsible for at least one of Oracle’s applications, such as PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, Human Resources Management Systems (HRMS), Finance, Enterprise Portal, Enterprise Performance Management or an enterprise reporting application, such as IBM Cognos
- Knowledge of system integration design and application programming interface (API) management
- Knowledge of one or more relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, etc.)
- Knowledge of Oracle’s PeopleSoft applications, such as Campus Solutions, HRMS, Finance, Enterprise Portal, Enterprise Performance Management
- Knowledge of multiple systems integration technologies and concepts
- Strong record of accomplishment in project management
- Comfortable/productive in a highly collaborative, open-office environment
Applicants are requested to submit with their application:
- Cover Letter
- Resume and/or CV
- References (Minimum of 3)