Assistant Director of Stewardship and Data
The Assistant Director of Stewardship and Data will support and assist execution of comprehensive campus-wide donor acknowledgement, recognition and reporting initiatives to strengthen donor engagement and philanthropic support to UF. Reporting to the Director of Stewardship, the position will lead efforts to provide financial data, donor data and donor research as needed for all members of the Donor Relations team with special emphasis on annual endowment fund reporting initiatives.
Annual Endowment Reporting
- Assist the Director of Stewardship with execution of Annual Endowment Reporting process including annual process development/improvement, research, collaborating with internal partners, assembly, mailing, appropriate documenting practices and responding to donor or development officer inquiries.
- Conduct in-depth research for historical, biographical and current contact information for endowed, non-endowed, building and deferred gift funds.
- Serve as liaison between central Donor Relations and the colleges/units to gather impact data, beneficiary testimonies, and fund utilization details.
- Serve as liaison with Finance & Accounting to gather and accurately report financial data.
- Assist the Director of Stewardship with assessment of tools and online platforms to improve efficiencies.
Stewardship Project Management
- Promote a consistent cycle of cultivation and recognition through the prompt processing of data and research to aid development and mailing of acknowledgment letters assigned to Donor Relations.
- Oversee the President’s Council new member research and processing to ensure accuracy and facilitation of welcome packets, appropriate database coding and membership list management.
- Assist all team members with technical or data-driven needs for donor impact reporting.
- Coordinate and monitor the UF’s recognition entities working closely with the Director of Donor Programs, the Associate Director of Engagement, and other colleagues in University Advancement.
- Executes research that supplies creative and informative narratives to inform stewardship strategies for UF’s top donors.
- Utilize research results to create and maintain existing webpages, serving as liaison between the University Advancement, UF colleges and donors to ensure website publications meet or exceed public expectations.
- Assist the Director of Stewardship with the performance and function of all donor recognition lists for publication or display purposes.
Data and Research Support
- Create and manage databases for new projects in the department as needs arise; assist Colleges/Units with stewardship related database projects.
- Fulfill data and reporting requests, including the production of donor lists, regular progress reports and extractions of data from the database for analytical purposes.
- Add gift information and donor correspondence to central files/in database of record as needed.
- Participate in benefits and gift fulfillment activities.
- Provide donor history and records to development, executive staff and Board as requested.
- Develop system for and produce metrics that illustrate impact of team strategies and projects on organizational goals.
- Track donor relations and stewardship activities within established database to enhance relationships and increase the likelihood of continued contributions.
- Responsible for devising and using consistent, accurate, and appropriate information-sharing mechanisms for stewarding prospects and donors.
- Contribute to regular brainstorming on innovative, unique and personalized stewardship communications and experiences.
- Research and communicate emerging trends and best practices in donor engagement and stewardship.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with education and experience.Minimum Requirements:
Master's degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience. Should hold valid Florida driver's license at time of hire.Preferred Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Strong data management and assessment skills, including production of data-driven metrics
- Prior experience in a college or university setting, enthusiasm for and the desire to work collegially within a goal-oriented fundraising organization
- One to three years of professional experience; preferably in development and/or donor relations
- Experience and willingness to recruit, train and supervise college interns
- Willingness and ability to collaborate internally with team members successfully
- Demonstrated accomplishment in fostering productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Ability to listen, apply critical thinking skills, and effectively communicate with a focus on stakeholder satisfaction.
- Excellent oral/written communications and interpersonal skills; effective time management; impeccable grammar
- Strong organization skills with a focus on detail and fiscal oversight are imperative
- Strong research skills and drive to problem solve
- Technical expertise in the following areas: Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Professional Suite (including InDesign and Photoshop), Prezi.
- Prior event data management experience.
- Working knowledge of a donor database.
- Willingness to dedicate time to research best practices in donor relations and consistently learn and share knowledge.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume, and list of three references.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required: No