Help Desk Student Coordinator
Help Desk Student Coordinator
University of San Francisco
The Help Desk Student Coordinator will split time between Help Desk intake, resolving client support issues at the first and second technical levels, and working on remote sessions and service calls in the field. The Help Desk Student Coordinator will also take reservations for classroom equipment, log and assign classroom help requests and handle distribution of equipment at the Help Desk. The Help Desk Student Coordinator will hire, develop and maintain staffing of Help Desk Student Support Specialists. Provided the basics of Help Desk coverage are maintained, the position provides the opportunity to develop technical skills and to learn to resolve more complex problems over time.
• Provide 1st and 2nd tier support over the phone, email, walk-in, field and remote desktop technical support under the coordination of the Client Support Services Manager (target 75% or greater resolution for first-contact CSS requests and incidents).
• Open trouble tickets for end users reporting various problems.
• Work with manager to escalate trouble tickets to 3rd tier technicians and engineers, depending on the support needs of the end user.
• Input and maintain detailed, accurate data in trouble tickets for purposes of tracking, escalating and reporting issues.
• Take reservations for classroom equipment, log and assign classroom help requests, and handle distribution of equipment at the Help Desk.
• Take reservations for bridge line and conference phone delivery requests and coordinate delivery and pickup with student staff.
• Monitor and follow-up on end user email, Service Now self-service and voicemail requests.
• Advise end users, as appropriate, of status updates relative to individual trouble tickets, system outages and other network related conditions.
• Quickly identify and communicate to the appropriate parties that individual user issues may be indicative of a larger problem (server down, network outage, etc.).
• Resolve Level II support issues in the field, phone or via remote assistance.
• Identify and communicate internal support issues as part of the process to improve customer service.
• Develop and maintain support documentation and procedures for Help Desk student staff.
• Participate in various projects to expand the support knowledge base and skill set.
• Coordinate the training of Help Desk student staff.
• Create and maintain the work schedule for Help Desk student staff, ensuring that the staffing goals for upper and lower campus are fulfilled as efficiently as possible.
• Maintain an accurate payroll for student employees. Approve student e-timesheets,
ensuring that student submissions are accurate for the hours scheduled
• Provide positive and constructive feedback to student employees so that students receive guidance that will allow them to excel in the desired field after graduation.
• Serve as a resource for student assistants and new technicians.
• Work with additional ITS departments on projects and testing as time permits. Target is about 25% of the time, although this will vary with service volume.
• Provide weekly report to the manager on project progress and highlighting any accomplishments or challenges.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
• 3-5 years experience in help desk/call center support position.
• Demonstrates patience when problem-solving complex technical issues, over the phone and in person, with diverse customers.
• An energetic, self-directed, motivated and professional individual who thrives in a fast- paced, dynamic environment.
• 1-2 years experience mentoring, supervising or working in an environment that develops student assistants.
• Must have technical skills set to troubleshoot and resolve technical service calls. This includes knowledge (or familiarity) of the following: GoogleApps Suite, Windows XP/7/8, Macintosh OS 10.x and above, Microsoft Office suite 2010/2013, MS Outlook and Outlook Express, Firefox, iOS, Android, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, file administration, network connectivity issues, TCP/IP troubleshooting and other Ethernet/Remote Access issues.
• Able to learn and support new applications quickly.
• ITIL v3 Foundation certification
• HDI Support Analyst Certification
• Lenovo/Apple hardware and software support certification for laptop/desktop support. • Ability to interact with all levels of an organization in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner.
• Ability to work productively in cross-functional teams or resourcefully and independently as an individual.
• Ability to lift moderately heavy equipment (e.g. Servers, Monitors, Printers, etc.)
• Work modified shifts when necessary.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
For information on how to apply, please visit the following link: www.usfjobs.com
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. As a matter of policy, the University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.