Assistant to the Vice President for Student Affairs
Butler University seeks a student-centered, energetic and highly motivated professional to join our team as the Assistant to the Vice President for Student Affairs. This individual will have responsibility for managing and overseeing the daily operations of the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs, and will be an important contributor to Student Affairs efforts that support the learning and success of Butler students.
- Manage all aspects of the Vice President’s calendar. Independently schedule appointments and handle logistics associated with these meetings. Ensure the Vice President is aware of all details, including any changes or cancellations. Coordinate travel arrangements for the Vice President, including itineraries, transportation and lodging.
- Manage the budget for the Office of the Vice President, in addition to broad oversight of all Student Affairs budgets. Manage expenditures and code and reconcile all charges to the procurement card for the Vice President. Serve as primary contact for Student Affairs budget related matters.
- Manage successful daily operations of the Office of the Vice President. Hire, supervise and evaluate the Administrative Assistant and student staff.
- Handle all inquiries received by the Office of the Vice President using diplomacy and professional tact. Independently research, prioritize, and follow-up on multiple incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Vice President, including those of a sensitive and/or confidential nature. Determine appropriate course of action, referral and/or response. Compose a variety of correspondence and documents for the Vice President; proof documents for grammar, spelling, and punctuation before distributing.
- Assist the Vice President in planning, organizing, prioritizing and coordinating the timely assignment, follow-up and completion of annual planning activities in the Division. Manage special projects, on behalf of the Vice President, that advance work within the Division of Student Affairs.
- Maintain effective and efficient organization with activities associated with the Board of Trustees meetings. This includes, but is not limited to assisting the Vice President with presentations, communicating information to Trustees, student leaders and other participants of the Student Affairs Committee, providing set up for the Student Affairs Committee meeting, and taking notes and providing meeting minutes by established deadlines.
- Provide necessary administrative support for the Vice President’s involvement in external professional associations, organizations, and committees that advance Butler Student Affairs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Strong computer competency and demonstrated exceptional Microsoft Office suite skill set including advanced knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and organize.
- Experience managing budgets and compiling reports with minimal supervision.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple, simultaneous, and complex tasks and projects.
- Ability to work with sensitive information in a confidential and diplomatic manner.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years’ of related experience in similar role required.
- Relevant experience serving in an executive administrative role preferred.
- Previous relevant experience working in the college/university environment desirable.
- Candidates should broadly understand the role Student Affairs programs and services play in contributing to student success.
Applicants must submit:
- Completed Butler University Employment Application form available at https://www.butler.edu/sites/default/files/employee_application_form.docx
- Cover Letter
- Names and contact information of at least three (3) references
Application and completed support materials should be submitted via email to email@example.com.
Only completed applications will be considered.
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Apply for Assistant to the Vice President for Student Affairs
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly