6382 Special Events Coordinator (Administrative Support Coordinator I), Athletics - Aztec Club
San Diego State University is seeking applicants with demonstrated experience and/or commitment to teaching and working effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and members of historically underrepresented groups.
Initial review of applications will begin on July 24, 2017. To receive full consideration, apply by July 23, 2017. The online application should be completed in detail. Completion of the online application is required for consideration; a resume alone will not suffice.
For more information on San Diego State University, please click here.
This is a full-time (1.0 time-base), benefits eligible, temporary position anticipated to end on or before 06/30/2018, with the possibility of reappointment and/or permanency. This position is designated non-exempt under FLSA and is eligible for overtime compensation. Standard SDSU work hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., but may vary based on operational needs.
Under the general direction of the Senior Associate Athletic Director of Development, the Special Events Coordinator provides support to the Athletic Department by planning and coordinating annual fund-raising activities and special events to foster giving relationships with current and prospective Aztec donors and the San Diego community. Duties include, but are not limited to, developing budgets, designing and distributing event promotional materials and invitations, assisting in the development of sponsorship packages for special events, and coordinating catering, facility rentals and event operations.
For more information regarding Athletics, please click here.
Compensation and Benefits
Starting salary upon appointment not expected to exceed $3,417 per month. CSU Classification Salary Range: $2,846 - $4,619 per month. Salary placement is determined by the education, experience, and qualifications the candidate brings to the position, internal equity, and the hiring department's fiscal resources.
San Diego State University offers a rich benefits package that constitutes a major portion of total compensation. For more information regarding SDSU benefits, please click here.
Entry to this classification requires fundamental written and oral communication skills, including a sound foundation in English grammar, spelling, and punctuation; an ability to understand standard office procedures; an ability to operate standard office equipment; an ability to learn office technology systems; an ability to perform basic mathematical calculations; and typing and keyboard skills.
These entry qualifications would normally be obtained through completion of a high school program or its equivalent and some experience in an office environment.
Preferred Qualifications and Specialized Skills
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of two years of experience in an NCAA Division I athletic development and/or event management.
- Special Event experience, preferably in an Athletics environment.
- Experience in training and leading student workers.
- Some knowledge regarding NCAA rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Outlook, Publisher, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Advance and Ticketmaster software for ticketing and fund raising.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and travel.
- Ability to plan, organize, and schedule athletic activities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and make decisions in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to respond to routine inquiries and explain standard policies and procedures to others.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and internet navigation.
- Experience in addressing common and unique problems using reasoning and judgment and develop practical, thorough, and creative solutions.
- Experience in independently applying a wide variety of policies and procedures where specific guidelines may not exist.
- Possess skills to successfully coordinate and participate in key Athletic events as they relate to fund raising and development.
- Possess skills to work in a fast-paced environment and make decisions in a timely and professional manner.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button. If you need assistance completing your application, please click here.
Applicants with disabilities requiring assistance may call (619) 594-7099.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
SDSU is a smoke free campus. For more information, please click here.
SDSU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, or covered veteran status.