Commercial Construction Project Manager
The Relentlessly Proactive Project Manager:
- Develops solutions to make sure that issues never become problems.
- Studies bid specs carefully, looking for potential issues before we ever start the job.
- Asks lots of questions and sees things that other firms miss.
- Studies drawings and documents in detail and ask lots of "what-if" questions.
- Is exceptionally well prepared for interviews.
- Develops contingency plans in advance - just in case an item on the critical path is delayed.
- Understands the subcontractor scope and contracts, and identifies opportunities and risks.
- Holds our subcontractors to the same standard of being Relentlessly Proactive.
- Makes sure that our client never has to wonder what is happening with their job. We would rather over-communicate than under-communicate.
- Does whatever it takes to deliver on our promise.
Managing Projects - The BOGNET Way
Build Long Term Relationships
- Business Development
- Develop a comprehensive Business Development plan to generate at least $2M in business.
- Attend at least one networking event per month.
- Attend interviews as required to close new business.
- Attend industry, social and non-profit events to build relationships and identify new opportunities.
- Client Relationships
- Proactively build and sustain relationships with targeted clients.
- Initiate new projects with architects, engineers and owners.
- Successfully identify and develop a specific niche.
- Proactively communicate with the client team at all times.
- Subcontractor Relationships
- Plan the work with close communication with the subcontractors.
- Proactively develop relationships with the subcontractor community.
- Track and procure new work through the subcontractor community.
- Return phone calls as if the subcontractor was a client.
- Ensure that subcontractor invoices are reviewed and approved within 5 business days.
Operate as One Team
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the status of every project under your control.
- Properly plan, schedule, and track project and materials delivery to ensure that Bognet commitments are met.
- Work with on-site Superintendents to deliver the highest possible quality and customer satisfaction.
- Build strong win-win relationships with other departments within Bognet, including accounting, marketing, business development, estimating, and superintendents.
Go the Extra Mile
- Ensure that every project is managed to maximize client satisfaction.
- Ensure that the project quality control plan is in effect and followed.
- Ensure that the punch list is completed to the client's satisfaction.
- Submit project change orders to clients within one week of request.
- Complete and distribute meeting minutes within 48 hours of progress meetings.
- Return all calls and e-mails within 24 hours.
- Prepare, complete, and submit O&M manuals to clients within 30 days of substantial completion.
- Proactively monitor the progress of the project through updated schedules.
- Resolve scope problems with subcontractors.
- Review and ensure that the safety plan is in place prior to starting work.
- Ensure that the field staff is administering the safety plan.
Never Stop Improving
- Initiate development program to build professional and managerial skills.
- This should include certifications such as LEED.
- Read local business and relevant construction trade publications.
- Initiate suggestions for company-wide process improvements.
- Research and maintain technological excellence in their work environment.
Engineer Win-Win Solutions
- Identify, document and plan to avoid risk.
- Negotiate changes to the Bognet subcontract with approval from higher authority.
- Successfully complete projects to maximize profit and client satisfaction.
- Identify creative ways to deliver additional profit if possible.
- Minimize profit fade.
- Ensure accuracy in the budget projections.
- Manage projects to maximize positive cash flow.
- Ensure that project invoices are submitted to clients by the 25th of each month.
- Collect Accounts Receivables within 45 days of project completion.
- Ensure that pending Accounts Payables are turned into Accounting within 15 days of receipt.
- Identify and negotiate time extensions where justified and or allowed.
- Complete all activities with a pride of ownership "as if it was your name on the door."
- Participate in company-wide events, such as meetings, socials, etc.
- Ensure company contractual standards are being met prior to performing work.
- Demonstrate adherence to and performance in keeping with the goals of Bognet's Equal Employment Opportunity Policy and Affirmative Action obligations.
Bognet Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, disability or age.
Since 1998, Bognet Construction successfully builds fast-track commercial interiors and base building projects ranging in size from 10,000 square feet to over 250,000 square feet. At Bognet, we know that when it comes to construction, customers do not like surprises. We work tirelessly to anticipate things that might go wrong or delay a project. We develop solutions to make sure that issues never become problems. We call this being "relentlessly proactive" and hold ourselves to this standard in everything we do. This focus on being "relentlessly proactive," allows Bognet to provide unmatched quality and service to our customers.
Sun, 16 Jul 2017 13:22:54 PDT