Institutional Research Analyst
Institutional Research Analyst– Staff - California Northstate University, Elk Grove, California, USA
POSITION TITLE: Institutional Research Analyst REPORTS TO: Vice President for Institutional Research, Quality & Assessment
WORK SCHEDULE:1.0 FTE, full time, exempt, $50,000-$70,000/year
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
·Compile and conduct institutional research on student data pertaining to admissions, retention and persistence, progression, graduation, and academic performance ·Collect, interpret, analyze data and report on findings ·Transform data into usable forms that can be subsequently loaded into a database ·Prepare charts, tables, and graphs of data for use in reports and studies ·Maintain and summarize data from internal surveys, comparing results of those surveys to results in normative groups ·Maintain institutional research data files and section of database ·Administer climate surveys, 360 evaluations, and other institutional surveys and compile and analyze results ·Conduct statistical analyses and report on student retention, enrollment and graduation management ·Assist in the design, development and coordination of various institutional research, planning, and assessment projects ·Conduct appropriate qualitative and quantitative statistical analyses when working with data and highlight key findings and communicating implications ·Prepare institutional research and assessment information ·Collect and prepare data for the WSCUC annual report ·Assist with data and appendices needs for WSCUC accreditation reports and strategic planning ·Provide support and logistical planning for WSCUC accreditation visits ·Work with IT database administrator to ensure accuracy of data storage and extraction
- Participate in University Committee’s as assigned.
·Work with each college’s Director of Assessment to ensure student learning outcomes’ assessment occurs, is input and compiled, and is documented in each college’s assessment report) ·Maintain/update Institutional and Educational Effectiveness Report ·Other duties as assigned. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION: Required: Bachelors of Science degree from an accredited institution with working knowledge of statistics
Preferred: Master’s degree from an accredited institution
EXPERIENCE: Required: Primary responsibilities include institutional research, planning, and assessment.
Preferred: 4 + years’ experience working in an IR, Assessment, or equivalent office.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
· Ability to present ideas and data in verbal and written form.
· Strong knowledge of various computer software including the ability to learn new programs.
· Accuracy and attention to detail.
· Organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to interact effectively with various constituencies (faculty, staff, administration).
· Ability to effectively communicate with individuals and small groups.
· Ability to listen effectively and coach various constituencies; ability to manage projects.
· Ability to act with diplomacy and cultivate positive working relationships.
· Creative problem solving skills needed to address issues and provide resolutions.
· Writing ability; able to create clear and concise documents and analyses.
· Ability to work in a multi-tasked high volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities.
· Commitment to professional integrity, including knowledge of and commitment to upholding federal confidentiality guidelines regarding confidentiality of student academic and University information.
· Skills to manage and handle difficult, sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality of sensitive and proprietary information.
· Commitment to a collaborative work environment.
· Commitment to seeking appropriate professional development.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work at computer for extended periods of time. Move/manipulate supplies and equipment of various weights (up to 25lbs)
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Office environment. Work occasional varied lunch hours. Work occasional flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and work overtime as the need arises.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. For full consideration, candidates should provide curriculum vitae/resume with at least three references. All candidates are asked to provide a cover letter, articulating how their knowledge, experience, and beliefs have prepared them to function in support of California Northstate University's vision and mission statements.
Please submit your cover letter, curriculum vitae/resume, list of references, and any additional information to the HR Department. Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
California Northstate University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.