Program Coordinator for the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Executive Education
General Description of Position: Kansas State University Olathe (http://olathe.k-state.edu) invites applications and nominations for a Program Coordinator to the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Executive Education. Reporting to the Associate Dean, the Program Coordinator supports K-State Olathe’s academic affairs’ aim to be a model conduit for interdisciplinary and innovative education, research and engagement. Essential duties include, but are not limited to: establishing and maintaining administrative services and processes related to the academic affairs at K-State Olathe including the School of Applied and Interdisciplinary Studies; creating correspondence and reports; scheduling and making arrangements for meetings, workshops and conferences; planning and preparing documents for events; and communicating with both internal and external constituents and collaborative partners. Other specific duties as assigned or required may include supervision of other support staff, student workers, or temporary hires. Work requires a high level of discretion and often requires the use and handling of confidential information. Information about the Department: Kansas State University has set a visionary goal to be recognized as a Top 50 Public Research University by 2025. In support of this goal, the Olathe campus was launched in April 2011 and is the third and newest campus of Kansas State University. Olathe is located in Johnson County and the Kansas City metro area. The campus embodies a unique vision jointly developed with regional community, government, industry and university stakeholders for higher education partnership in an urban, innovative, industry centric and knowledge based environment. The campus is a strategic partner of the Johnson County Education and Research Triangle. The Kansas City metro area has a diversity of industries ranging from trade, transportation, utilities, professional and business services and health and education. Major companies include Cerner, Garmin, Bayer Corporation, Merck, Burns and McDonnell, and Black & Veatch, as well as major health and food companies in the Animal Health Corridor stretching from Kansas to Missouri. The $1.2 billion National Bio and Agro Defense Facility is also being constructed at the Manhattan campus adjacent to the K-State Biosecurity Research Institute and will further strengthen partnerships, regional growth and economic development. Diversity and Inclusion: Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community. The Successful Candidate will: 1. Assist with special projects as requested by the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Executive Education.
• A representative example includes assuming responsibility for the planning and execution of a foreign faculty summer institute. The project entails preparing the initial proposal for a foreign university; authoring the invitational letter; coordinating B-1 visa approvals; coordinating a multi-week agenda which includes classroom and cultural experiences; coordinating housing, feeding and transportation; and arranging for representational ceremonies and a culminating graduation experience.
• Degree and certificate programs: Manage admission applications under the School of Applied and Interdisciplinary Studies, and act as custodian of School documents.
• Non-credit programs/workshops: Collaborate with the chair of program (and event committee members) to organize a timeline of duties, to include making timely communication/marketing requests and working with communication/marketing group for the advertisement of the event; and organizing the event, including scheduling meetings with event committee before and after the event, setting up registration forms, keeping track of RSVP lists, making reservations, making name tags, organizing abstracts, greeting guests, orientating speakers, printing programs/flyers, and summarizing event evaluation information after each event.
• Seminars/seminar series: Organize speakers, make travel arrangements, and facilitate the event
• Support K-12 Engagement initiatives.
• Plan and execute School of Applied and Interdisciplinary Studies events.
• Schedule future student campus visits, track student status, create reports.
• Provide financial management support for the School of Applied and Interdisciplinary Studies to include: Provide oversight of the School’s operating budget, and prepare periodic and ongoing financial management reports.
• Maintain ongoing and open communication with all collaborators/partners working with the School of Applied and Interdisciplinary Studies and the academic affairs of the K-State Olathe Campus and effectively answer or direct questions about procedures and policy issues.
2. Provide administrative support to the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Executive Education, in developing, managing and delivering services and programs for the K-State Olathe campus and the School of Applied and Interdisciplinary Studies. Activities include:
• Support activities of the Associate Dean to meet the growth needs of the organization.
• Prepare and file documents such as proposals and applications with government agencies, industry and non-profit organizations.
• Prioritize and organize workload to meet time sensitive demands and deadlines, and manage calendar to include scheduling appointments and meetings.
• Plan and coordinate meetings to include scheduling, agenda preparation, meeting organization, recording and distribution of meeting minutes, and presentation preparation for on-site and off-site meetings.
• Maintain administrative and academic records and files.
• Prepare and manage the development of reports for internal and external agencies.
• Independently compose and prepare communications.
• Draft and format correspondence, to include notices, memoranda and resolutions
• Make travel arrangements and make travel reimbursement requests.
• Provide administrative support for faculty as needed.Required Minimum Qualifications: This position requires a Bachelor's Degree (or work equivalent) in a related field. Preferred Qualifications: • Possess superior skills and proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel programs as well as calendar and project management tools.
• Able to develop quickly, a detailed knowledge of the university's policies and procedures.
• Demonstrated ability of good judgment and strong decision making skills, to meet changing conditions.
• Possess excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
• Demonstrated track record of problem-solving/problem prevention, organizational and planning skills, results orientation, team/relationship building, consumer/customer focus and interpersonal skills/techniques.
• Possess project management skills.
• Able to manage multiple competing priorities under pressure, and respond to changing conditions and customer needs.
• Diligent in preserving confidential and proprietary information.
• Ability to think out of the box to improve efficiency and communication.
• Incumbent should be organized, detail oriented (with a focus on accuracy), a strong communicator, and proactive, being able to work independently with limited supervision.
• Should possess good coordination skills and be able to effectively work on a team as well as independently.
• Should be able to interface cross-functionally and with different groups. This position will interact on a regular basis with a broad scope of diverse individuals.Special Instructions to Applicants: Applicants should provide a letter of interest summarizing qualification for the position based on the advertisement, resume, and contact information for three current professional references.
Application materials must be submitted online to be considered: http://careers.k-state.edu/cw/en-us/job/501830/
For questions please visit our website at http://olathe.k-state.edu/ or contact Roberta Robinson at email@example.com (913.307.7316).
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.Deadline for Applications: July 31, 2017 Screening of Applications Begins: August 7, 2017 Salary Range / Pay Rate: Salary Range: $36,674-$56,845. Salary commensurate with candidate's ability and experience. Kansas State University has an attractive benefit package that includes a retirement plan; group medical, dental, and life insurance plans, worker compensation; vacation leave; sick leave, and other benefits. Equal Employment Opportunity: Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Background Screening Statement: In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University may procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.