University of San Francisco
Reporting directly to the Director of Events Management & Guest Services Department, the Concessions Manager, oversees and is responsible for management of concessions operations for USF athletic events and occasional non USF athletic events. The concessions program core will provide employment and business model experience for desiring students.
This position effectively oversees and manages the four below mentioned areas, which include: student hiring/training, cash management of game day revenues, liaison with wholesale product from Bon Appetit and game day concession operations.
This is a position that requires strong communication and training skills to mentor students while at the same time working with guests.
• Staffing, scheduling, training, and counseling of event staff
• Directly manage event day staff while having direct interaction with customers
• Fulfill and/or oversee weekly product orders while following all proper operating procedure in order to maintain adequate supply levels
• Maintain and control high volume food and beverage inventory
• Ensure proper merchandising & shelf management
• Management of financial goals (sales gross profit maximization)
• Ensuring regulatory & company policy compliance (i.e. operations, safety, and sanitation)
• Training and development of employees
• Ensure all cash handling procedures are documented and enforced
• Ability to interact with co-workers in order to assure compliance with company service standards, inventory, and cash control procedures
• Conduct physical audit of inventory and product, research and perform reconciliations
• Responsible for financial business plan
• Oversight of students ordering product
• Oversight of students handling food
• Oversight of equipment
• Supervise all the students employed to work in concessions
• Maintain strong relationships with Bon Appetit and Athletics
• Monitor the invoicing of Bon Appetit and other vendors
• Train students and assign to different facets of the business model
• Allocate workloads and schedules around students academic schedules
• A minimum of three years’ experience in the event management field
• Strong priority management and attention to detail, including ability to prioritize multiple assignments and deadlines accurately under pressure
• Must think strategically; able to identify issues and find a reasonable solution
• Must be able to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
• Experience dealing with a variety of constituents in a professional manner
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills are required
• May be required to work early morning or late evening to process time-sensitive issues.
• Proficiency in Excel, Word & Power Point
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
For information on how to apply, please visit the following link: www.usfjobs.com
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. As a matter of policy, the University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.