Temporary Instructor: Human Services
POSITION: Temporary Instructor: Human Services 6939
DEPARTMENT: Human Services
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: 8/17/2017
For ALL Faculty Positions - An unofficial/student copy of your transcript must be submitted along with your on-line application if the position you are applying for requires a degree and/or certificate. Official transcripts are required when you begin employment.
For Staff Positions - If you are applying for a position that requires a degree and/or certificate, an official transcript will be required when you begin employment.
***International transcripts must be evaluated through World Education Services***
If you are applying for a position that requires current Licensures/Certificates- a copy must be submitted along with your on-line application. Official current licensures/certificates will be required when you begin employment.
Please feel free to submit any electronic documents with your on-line application as an attachment.
ANTICIPATED SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience within state guidelines
In this challenging role, you will support the Human Services department at Greenville Technical College. Duties may include any or all of the following:
- Teach one of the following courses in a traditional lecture class format (no online classes): HUS 101 Introduction to Human Services; HUS 102 Personal and Professional Development in Helping Professions
- Prepare lectures, and lesson plans
- Grade papers and submit students' grades in a timely manner
- Maintain scheduled office hours and meet with students as needed
- Remain current in theory and in practice in the field by attending professional development workshops as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned
Greenville Technical College is one of the largest institutions of higher learning in South Carolina – and we invite you to consider becoming a part of our team! GTC promotes a respectful campus culture that reflects appreciation for diversity and inclusion at all levels. Visit www.gvltec.edu/diversityto learn more.
- A Master's degree in Human Services, Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, or Marriage and Family Therapy.
- Minimum of five (5) years professional experience in either chosen clinical field or academia.
Three to five years experience in a Human Service profession.
Greenville Technical College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply (EOE/AA/M/F/D/V)
It is the policy of Greenville Technical College, in accordance with applicable laws, to recruit, hire, train, and promote people throughout all college levels, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principle of equal employment opportunity.
*Greenville Technical College is a tobacco-free institution*
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must visit https://hr.gvltec.edu/JobPostings.aspx to complete and submit an online application. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completed online applications.