Electrical Design Engineer
Company is looking for an Electrical Design Engineer with CNC Logic Software experience.
The primary function of this position is to design, test, and maintain logic code for CNC's and PLC's that will control large scale machine tools. This individual will develop software which fulfills the requirements of project specifications using structured analysis and design techniques. With minimal supervision, the individual will design, code, test and document the software. Tasks will be performed in conjunction with Supervision and the Project Engineer to formulate specifications and requirements for the software.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develops new, complex designs to meet project specifications.
* Works with supervision to maintain project schedules, quality, and costs.
* Supports the development and maintenance of logic on all products.
* Works directly with hardware engineering to develop CNC + PLC Logic.
* Works directly with project engineering to develop CNC configurations and parameters.
* Assists high level programmers to develop interface to HMI's and front end computers.
* Assist Systems (Start-Up) Engineers in performing functional machine tests on the shop floor.
* Documents designs using the appropriate format to company and/or customer standards as required by the project.
* Debugs software modules and systems, also performs simulation checkout of systems.
* Assists production personnel in applying software products.
* Supports Systems (Start-Up) Engineers in installing software at customer's site and assists customer in using software products.
* Assists with any other tasks as needed.
* Provides assistance to other functional organizations (Manufacturing, Assembly, and Customer Service) throughout the life of the project.
* Has responsibility for testing and validation of designs.
* Maintains technical competency and works to expand technical skills and knowledge.
* Some travel may be required for this position.
* Must be a self-starter who can perform assigned tasks with little supervision.
* Must have demonstrated ability to develop complex new designs, which advance the level of technology.
* The ability to work well with others in a team environment is required.
* A strong knowledge of machine tool types, their function and typical machining process is a plus.
* An ability to work to a schedule and budget is required.
* Should have strong mathematical skills, including algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.
* Must have demonstrated understanding of complex control system architectures and CNC motion control systems.
* An ability to analyze the software requirements of complex control systems.
* Must have experience with PLC programming platforms such as Ladder Logic, Function Block Diagram, STL, etc.
* Experience with Siemens, Fanuc, GE Fanuc, and Allen-Bradley is strongly recommended. Experience with Siemens CNC 840Dsl/Step 7 PLC and Fanuc Ladder is considered a huge plus.
* High Level Language programming such as C, C++,C#, Visual Basic, VB.net will be utilized at times and familiarity with it is desired.
* Knowledge of structured programming techniques and advanced data structures is required.
* Extensive experience in the use of Personal Computer (PC) systems including the Windows Operating systems and Microsoft Office application software is required.
* Knowledge of networking technology is required. Familiarity with protocols such as Ethernet, Profibus, Profinet are desired.
* Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering or technical degree related to control systems background. Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent is a plus.
* 2-3 years of relevant experience. In absence of a bachelor's degree, 5 or more years is desired.
An independent recruiting firm placing qualified candidates in executive, management, support and other leadership roles throughout the USA.
Specializing in careers in the fields of Accounting, Engineering, Manufacturing, Business Management, IT, Marketing, Healthcare, Sales Management, and many other vertical markets where successful candidates can find their next career opportunity.
Wed, 21 Jun 2017 20:17:06 PDT