UMass Amherst Global - Assistant Director for Teaching Technology
UMass Amherst Global is a partnership between the University of Massachusetts Amherst (UMass) and Shorelight Education. At the core of the partnership, UMass Amherst Global will offer hybrid master's degree programs that combine the traditional, immersive U.S. university residential experience with technology-enabled, in-country, live-lecture learning.
The Assistant Director, Technology acts both as a technical lead for the International Field Degree (IFD) production environment and as an instructional design resource for faculty teaching in the IFD. The Assistant Director produces, directs, and supports all IFD course offerings and other related productions. She or he collaborates with UMass Amherst Global staff, partners, contractors, and vendors to ensure full functionality and regular innovation of hardware, software, audio/visual equipment, and curriculum.
- Work with instructional design to ensure content is up to date (knowledge of LMS, ability to work with faculty)
- Train faculty and staff in the usage of the IFD studio environment
- Manage the timing and loading of curricula and the updating of lesson plans in coordination with instructional design team and faculty
- Manage software and hardware deployments, implementing patches and performing other maintenance
- Troubleshoot and resolve audio/visual technical issues, liaising with vendors as necessary
- Manage the broadcast platform and perform administrative tasks for production readiness
- Support live productions, including various production roles as needed
- BA/BS in computer science or a related field
- 3+ years relevant work experience
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot Windows environments
- Familiarity with A/V and video conferencing hardware and software
- Experience with higher education instruction
- Familiarity with the principles and basic technologies of live video broadcasting
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- A truly international outlook, with the ability to work in a diverse environment and to exhibit cross-cultural awareness and understanding
- Ability to work weekend, early morning, and evening hours are required
- Eligibility to work in, and travel freely to and from, the United States without sponsorship
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.