Ruby On Rails Full-stack Software Engineer
Who We Are:
Contactability is a leading insurance ad-tech company focused on delivering targeted, high-intent traffic for our insurance clients. We use proprietary customer acquisition software to connect in-market insurance consumers with our network of insurance agents and carrier partners nationwide. Contactability operates an innovative real-time bidding marketplace that gives our clients ability to target and optimize their marketing campaigns to maximize ROI.
Founded by a team of insurance and technology experts, Contactability focuses on delivering measurable results and exceptional service. With offices in Columbus, OH and Costa Mesa, CA, we are one of the fastest growing insurance customer acquisition companies in the US. We are hiring top talent and building a world-class technology and client services team with ambitious goals of streamlining insurance.
We are looking for experienced Full-Stack Engineer with heavy focus on front-end development of UIs. You will help us develop our web and mobile applications that are used in our efforts to streamline and disrupt how insurance is bought and sold. We are working to build rich client side applications interfacing with our back-end applications and processing high volume of traffic.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Design and Development team to create high quality web apps
- Design and develop testable production level code
- Develop efficient algorithms and data-structures to improve key business logic and processes
- Research and provide alternatives to existing development practices, tools etc.
- Optimize web pages and back-end UIs
- Modify existing software to correct errors, or to improve its performance
- Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation
Skills and Requirements:
- 3+ years' experience in RoR or PHP software development, coding, UI design, and dynamic data driven visualization including maps, charts and graphs
- Experience using AngularJS, HTML5, CSS3+, JQuery, Bootstrap 3, AJAX/AJAJ, D3.js to create dynamic Web sites
- Experience in responsive Web design
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience designing and testing compatibility for cross-browser and cross-platform Web applications
- Experience designing Web applications for mobile devices
- Experience working with agile software development teams
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- BA/BS degree or higher in a technical discipline
- Experience in development using Git version control
- Experience with RESTful Web services
- Understanding of layout aesthetics
- Knowledge of SEO principles
- Familiarity with software like Adobe Suite, Photoshop and content management systems
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
- BS degree in Computer Science or relevant field
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Pay
- 401k with Company Match
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Extensive Paid Product training
- Weekly team lunches
- Advancement opportunities - we promote within
- Free Snacks, Red Bull, and lots of Coffee
- Arcade Games (1000+ old-school games)
- Work in a Dynamic, Energetic Environment
Apply now If you are interested in pushing your limits and working in a fun, upbeat, high tech office located in a highly desirable area of Triangle Square in Costa Mesa.
Contactability is a leading insurance ad-tech company powering consumer brands like SmartFinancial.com which is focused on helping insurance shoppers find savings while providing exceptional service and coverage for their needs.
Founded by a team of insurance and technology experts, SmartFinancial.com focuses on delivering measurable results and exceptional service. With offices in Columbus, OH and Costa Mesa, CA, we are one of the fastest growing digital insurance comparison engines in the US. We are hiring top talent and building a world-class technology and client services team with ambitious goals of streamlining insurance.
Costa Mesa, CA
Sun, 16 Jul 2017 11:11:51 PDT