Servicenow Platform Lead
Position Number 998918
Position Classification Title Systems Programmer/Specialist
Functional Title Servicenow Platform Lead
Position Type Staff
Re-Post, Previous Applicants Need Not Re-Apply, Still Under Consideration
Position will serve as a primary resource for development, integration, configuration, and administration within the UNCG ServiceNow platform for the Office of Information Technology (ITS). This individual must offer a blend of functional and technical knowledge of the ServiceNow ITSM platform. They will work closely with team members and other stakeholders to design, configure, test, document, and deploy changes to the environment while ensuring the system remains healthy and functions efficiently. To meetthese objectives, this person must demonstrate strong technical abilities as well as a deep understanding of Service Management standard methodologies. The ServiceNow Platform Lead designs and implements reports, dashboards, scripts, business rules, workflows, and configures (or modifies) applications to meet business requirements. This position will also design and implement data feeds and interfaces with other systems (e.g., databases, monitoring tools, LDAP, etc.), including mappings for extraction and transformation from source to target data stores. In addition to ServiceNow platform expertise, a deep knowledge of modern web technologies is required to fulfill the duties of this position. This person must be able to research and understand new, complicated processes and procedures, and be able to learn new technologies -especially as they relate to the web, mobile, and ServiceNow platforms. This position will track, prioritize, and implement integration requests and bug fixes, leveraging formal change management processes and maintaining internal documentation. They will also provide advanced application support, training others on an as-needed basis. On-call duties are assumed as part of this position.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or closely related degree from an appropriately accredited institution and three years of experience in operations analysis and design, systems programming, or closely related area; or a Bachelor's Degree from an appropriately accredited institution and four (4) years of experience in Operations Analysis and Design, Systems Programming or closely related area; or an Associate's Degree in Computer Information Technology,
Computer Engineering Technology, or Networking Technology from an appropriately accredited institution and five (5) years of experience in Operations Analysis and Design, Systems Programming, or closely related area; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Journey level requires an additional one year of education or experience.
- Advanced level requires an additional two years of education or experience.
Ideal candidates will have the following experience / qualities:
- Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- ITIL v3 Certification
- ServiceNow System Administrator Certification
- Ability to lead projects of moderate complexity
- Ability to mentor others in areas of expertise
- Prior experience developing mobile web interfaces using Bootstrap
- Prior experience integrating web applications with REST-based web services
- Experience using source control management tools like GIT.
- Prior experience with agile and waterfall development methodologies
- An understanding of the SDLC
- An understanding of basic networking and protocols pertaining to web applications and email
- An understanding of web application security
- An understanding of web accessibility
*Excellent oral and written communication skills.
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Recruitment Range $56,000 - $93,414
Org #-Department Information Technology Services - 23101
Work Hours of Position 8 A.M - 5 P.M, Monday - Friday
Job Family Operations & Systems
Band Systems Progammer
Competency Level Journey
2-4 key competencies for successful execution of job duties, including chosen level definition:
Technical Knowledge: Ability to modify complex operating software programming and make sophisticated modifications. In depth knowledge of automated operations software and its functioning related to other software. Ability to serve as a resource in solving problems of high complexity
Technical Support: Ability to assist management in establishing technical standards and processes. Ability to integrate knowledge and skills from a range of technologies to address work assignments and problems of moderate complexity. Ability to research and implement appropriate new technologies.
Consultancy: Ability to understand the market, industry and competitors that have an impact on the customer's business. Ability to consult with senior level decision-maker and develop long-range strategic alternatives on an ongoing basis. Ability to analyze and assess client needs to develop effective and appropriate solutions to complex problems. Ability to build client support of IT objectives.
Open Date 05/10/2017
Close Date 07/22/2017
Job Close Date
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Salary Grade Equivalency 82
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following options best describes your education history?
- No Response
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Associate's Degree
- 3 years of college coursework
- 2 years of college coursework
- 1 year of college coursework
- less than 1 year of college coursework
- High School Diploma or GED
- * Is your degree in the field of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Technology, Computer Engineering Technology, Networking Technology or a closely related field?
- No Response
- * How many years of experience in a directly related field do you have?
- 8 or more years
- 7 years
- 6 years
- 5 years
- 4 years
- 3 years
- 2 years
- 1 year
- 4 months
- less than 4 months
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News & Record
- Carolina Peacemaker
- Other Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Online Job Board
- Personal Networking
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu