Director of LGBTQ+ Life
The Director of LGBTQ+ Life at Trinity College, Hartford, Connecticut, oversees the efforts of the Queer Resource Center (QRC), which has been created to serve as a welcoming and safe space for Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual, Transgender, Questioning and Intersex students, faculty and staff as well as a clearinghouse for resources on LGBTQ+ issues. The incumbent will be a strong advocate for the LGBTQI community and is expected to be a visible, engaging and effective partner in building and supporting an inclusive and supportive campus community. In addition, the Director will:
- Oversee the daily operations and long-term facilities maintenance of the QRC, as well as maintain regular office hours at the QRC;
- Organize and maintain resources such as books and films that will be made available to the Trinity College community;
- Conduct outreach to and facilitate partnerships with a variety of campus constituencies and organizations to enhance a network of support and ally-ship for the LGBTQ+ community;
- Partner with the Student Activities, Involvement & Leadership (S.A.I.L.) office to plan and implement a campus-wide leadership development series;
- Work alongside the Student Activities, Involvement and Leadership (S.A.I.L.) office to plan and execute diverse and inclusive events for student organizations and the campus community;
- Serve as a liaison to all cultural, religious and identity-based student organizations, serving as a direct advisor to the student organization EROS – Encouraging Respect of Sexualities;
- Offer strategies, programs, and training that promote inclusion and ensure equity and access to various campus constituents, with particular attention to LGBTQ+ issues, most notably during New Student Orientation in the fall semester;
- Serve as a resource for faculty and staff who wish to deepen their understanding of the LQBTQ+ community, enrich their course offerings or enhance their service to campus constituents from a wide range of backgrounds;
- Sponsor and promote social and educational programs, workshops, and conference attendance of interest and importance to LGBTQ+ students, faculty, staff, and their peers and allies;
- Represent and address LGBTQ+ concerns and offer strategies to the College that promote inclusion and ensure equity and access with regard to campus facilities and programs;
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, and students to improve the overall climate of LGBTQ+ life at Trinity.
A B.A. degree is required. An M.A. in an appropriate field and experience working with LGBTQ+ students in a liberal arts setting is strongly preferred. The successful applicant must be collaborative and well-organized, must possess programming experience, strong interpersonal skills, and sensitivity to issues confronting LGBTQ+ students, and must demonstrate a commitment to help build and sustain a respectful and supportive campus environment.
This is a full-time, twelve-month, exempt position reporting to the Dean of Multicultural Affairs. Salary commensurate with experience. The application review process will begin immediately; search will continue until the position is filled. To apply, please go to https://trincoll.peopleadmin.com/.
Trinity College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Applicants with disabilities should request, in advance, any needed accommodation in order to participate in the application process.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/53w8y29fhm73mkxw