Construction Site Superintendent
The Site Superintendent will manage all on site execution of the construction of high-end, modern, custom homes. The Site Superintendent shall be the contractor's representative on site and shall work professionally with all team members. The Superintendent shall report to the Construction Director and Principals.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Site Superintendent shall be able to manage and successfully implement the following tasks;
- be responsible for accurate interpretation of detailed construction drawings and specifications and have the ability to direct the work accordingly.
- be able to communicate clearly and effectively with Subcontractors, Architects, Owners, Inspectors and other team members.
- create a strong positive team environment between all project members.
- manage, orchestrate, monitor and document all site activities on a daily basis
- assist the Project Manager in creation of schedules
- assist the Project Manager to create and manage Submittal and Procurement logs
- have the ability to review and process shop drawings
- assist the Project Manager in creating subcontractor scope documentation
- create and maintain short term project look ahead schedules
- schedule all on-site activities and site inspections
- effectively manage project changes on site and be responsible for distributing current project information to all trades
- maintain project information on site in an organized manner
- be responsible accurate layout and coordination of tradesmen on site
- assure that work is placed accurately and is of the highest standards
- coordinate design, engineering and for site utilities.
- have the ability to create and issue Requests for Information
- be responsible for managing punch-lists and project closeout documentation
Qualifications; The Site Superintendent shall;
- have 8 or more years' experience in large high end residential construction
- have a thorough understanding of all site, infrastructure and structure and systems.
- have a strong desire to work in a fast paced, design heavy; collaborative environment executing complicated projects at a very high level.
- possess excellent leadership skills and have the ability mentor younger staff
- have strong verbal, written communication and organizational skills
- be able to execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
- be proficient at Excell, Microsoft project.
- Experienced in working with Master Builder or similar accounting software
- Prior estimating experience
- Prior trade experience
- College degree or Technical training
Compensation will be at or above the industry standards based on candidates experience and abilities. Employer offers Paid vacation and sick time, 401 K, Dental and Health Insurance.
Established in 1989, Marmol Radziner is an award-winning Los Angeles-based design-build firm that integrates architectural design with a full range of construction services, as well as landscape, interior, furniture, and jewelry design. Projects include high-end residential architecture, retail stores, community-related civic buildings, and award-winning historic restorations.
Los Angeles, CA
Sat, 17 Jun 2017 08:22:17 PDT