Assistant Director of Admissions
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS
Touro University California
SUPERVISOR: DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS
Under the supervision of the Director, the Assistant Director of Admissions will execute the admissions function for the College of Pharmacy, which currently includes the PharmD and Master of Science in Medical Health Sciences, emphasis in Pharmacy Studies degree programs. The Assistant Director is a non-voting member of the College of Pharmacy Admissions Committee, which meets bi-weekly during the admissions cycle (October through May) and as needed during the remainder of the year. The Assistant Director will work with the Director as needed for the other colleges.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Recurring Tasks: The Assistant Director is responsible for the screening and processing of all college of pharmacy applicants, including, but not limited to, transcript evaluations and verification of prerequisite coursework.
Data collection and regular reporting to the Director are weekly responsibilities throughout the entire year. The Assistant Director is responsible for generating letters of acceptance and tracking those letters, receiving confirmations of intent to enroll, and tracking receipt of both acceptance and tuition deposits. The Assistant Director is also responsible for maintaining incoming student records within Banner and coordinating with all other offices within Student Affairs (e.g. Bursar, Financial Aid, Registrar) to ensure that each office is kept current with accurate enrollment information for the incoming classes/cohorts.
Periodic Assignments: The Assistant Director may be asked to serve on the Commencement Committee and helps to maintain the various admissions web pages for each college. The Assistant Director will also be expected to attend various recruiting events, both local and those requiring some travel.
Other: The Assistant Director assists with the commencement ceremony and other tasks as assigned by the Director of Admissions.
Together with the Director, the Assistant Director supervises all admissions office staff, which includes the Admissions Counselor and three (3) other full-time employees.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR RELATED EXPERIENCE:
• BA/BS degree or BA/BS degree in progress.
• A minimum of five (5) years of experience in an admissions office, with a focus on health sciences admissions.
• Clear competency in both oral and written communication.
• Excellent public relations and supervisory experience.
• Above average skill with Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Strong organizational and administrative skills.
• Ability to maintain a calm and professional demeanor in stressful situations.
• Understanding of basic statistics and statistical methods to discover/project trends.
• Familiarity with Student Information Systems (SIS). Familiarity with Banner is preferred.
Apply now at https://touro.peopleadmin.com/postings/1356