Faculty Position in the Finance, Accounting, and Managerial Economics Track
Academic Positions at the Ranks of Assistant Professor / Associate Professor / Professor or Visiting Professor
The Suliman S. Olayan School of Business (OSB) at the American University of Beirut (AUB) is inviting applications from outstanding candidates to fill academic positions at the ranks of Assistant Professor / Associate Professor / Professor or Visiting Professor in the Finance, Accounting and Managerial Economics Track. Although various disciplines related to this track are encouraged to apply, we are particularly interested in receiving applications focused on the following areas:
- Banking and Financial Institutions
OSB is a leading business school in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region with a comparatively competitive research profile. You will be joining an environment filled with engaging colleagues, outstanding students, and superior working conditions designed to balance excellence in research, teaching and service. The business school is situated in a newly built business building directly overlooking the Mediterranean on what is said to be one of the world’s most beautiful campuses. Now 150 years old, the AUB is ranked among the world’s most prestigious universities and it is regularly recognized as the leading institution in the Arab world. AUB’s school of business was the first business school in Lebanon and the hundredth in the world to be accredited by AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
The successful candidate must have a Ph.D. (from an AACSB or equivalent accredited organization) or equivalent completed by the start date of the appointment. The candidate will also provide evidence of high-quality scholarly output that demonstrates potential for independent research leading to peer-assessed publications and the securing of external research funding, as well as strong potential for outstanding teaching contributions at the undergraduate, graduate, and executive levels. Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
- Benefits: OSB is AACSB accredited and AUB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It offers benefits and allowances including:
- Educational allowance
- Health Insurance Plan
- Retirement program
- Home leave travel
- Periodic paid research leave
- Life insurance
- Travel and baggage allowance
- A current full Curriculum Vitae (including a list of publications), cover letter and other supporting documents should be uploaded online.
- At least one sample publication or work under review (or applicant’s Ph.D. thesis proposal or completed thesis).
- A statement of current and prospective research interests.
- A statement of teaching interests and experience (including course outlines and evaluations if available)
- Three letters of reference.
Application for Academic Position online: Apply Here
Applications should be submitted by November 15, 2017. Candidates are encouraged to apply early; applications are considered on a rolling basis until the positions are filled.
For General Inquiries, please contact:
Name: Ms. Layan Sarkis
Suliman S. Olayan School of Business
American University of Beirut
P.O. Box 11-0-236