Software Engineer - FEA
Machine Tool manufacturing company looking for a Software Engineer with Finite Element Analysis.
The Software Engineer - FEA for the Composites Division will become part of a development team that develops software dedicated to the design and manufacturing of composite structures for a variety of applications including, but not limited to, aerospace vehicles. Rank and salary dependent on background/experience.
* Design, analysis, programming, debugging, and modification of software for composite applications focused on the use of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) along with other composite design tools
* Investigate application engineering tasks and prepare design specifications, analysis, and recommendations
* Support the "manufacturing process integration" for composite parts
* Provide customer support for software deployment and maintenance
* Ensure products and services provided by the company meet the highest standards
* Become very knowledgeable of the entire hardware & software infrastructure for automated machine tools and robotics equipment
* Working closely with other departments to meet the division's goals
* Meet deadlines and company goals
* Demonstrate continuous improvement philosophy*
* Programming knowledge and skills in C++ required
* Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) - use and/or programming
* Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
* Solid math background with vectors, 3D geometry, transformations, etc.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Flexible work attitude and excellent team player
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or hold a valid green card
* Recent industry or academic experience in Software Development
* Any experience related to Manufacturing, Industrial Machinery, or customer support for Software Applications is a plus
* BA / BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
* Alternatively: BS degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering with sufficient experience in a software development environment
* Graduate degree is a plus
* Experience in using standard Office applications, e.g. Word, Excel
* Experience with any of the following is a plus:
o Microsoft Visual Studio / C++
o Microsoft Widows based development environment
o 3D graphics programming
o Image processing / vision applications
o Source Control Systems
An independent recruiting firm placing qualified candidates in executive, management, support and other leadership roles throughout the USA.
Specializing in careers in the fields of Accounting, Engineering, Manufacturing, Business Management, IT, Marketing, Healthcare, Sales Management, and many other vertical markets where successful candidates can find their next career opportunity.
Wed, 21 Jun 2017 20:17:05 PDT