Physical Plant Electrical Engineer
Experience: 5 - 10 years.
Reports to: Chief Facilities Officer
Job Summary: The Physical Plant Electrical engineer is responsible for providing design, technical support to the Physical Plant Department in Safety, Quality Control, Record Keeping, Facilities Maintenance and any other electrical requirements on any of the Physical Plant existing, new as well as renovation facilities.
AUAF, which is located in Kabul and funded in substantial part by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), is entering a new phase of its development with a rapidly increasing enrollment and the construction of our new campus now underway. We offer both a challenging and rewarding environment for faculty and staff. Current enrollment figures are approximately 1,000 students. The Office of Student Affairs is an integral part of the university’s plans to provide student support services equivalent to those found in American colleges and universities but reflecting the special needs and circumstances of a unique Afghan student body.
- University degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited international higher education institution, licensed practitioner is preferred.
- International Building Construction Experience.
- Strong knowledge of HVAC systems.
- With experience in handling electrical facility maintenance
- Tenured in designing, managing, O&M of 1-5MVA Power Plants under Power Stabilizers and Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS), big capacity generators, Transient Voltage Surge Suppressor (TVSS), Fire Alarm System
- OSHA Training.
- Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Office applications, Primavera or any other construction scheduling software, and internet software.
- Excellent oral and written English.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for dealing with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Strong organizational and administrative abilities.
- Design and manage new as well as repair or upgrade electrical system of all facilities in accordance to the International Building Code (IBC) and National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Provide training to AUAF Electricians
- Provide weekly or biweekly tool box talk to different department within the Physical Plant Department.
- Help Senior Physical Plant Management on the setting and implementation of electrical safety regulation, Project Quality Control for new and renovation projects.
- Prepare and coordinate maintenance activities for our existing facilities.
- Provide quality assurance support on all new and renovation projects.
- Perform record keeping on new construction projects (i.e. daily reports, stored materials, etc.)
- Actively develops professional skills.
- Conducts self in a professional and ethical manner at all times and will not enter into any activities which may adversely affect the image of the AUAF.
- Performs any other job responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Physical Plant.
This position is based in Kabul, Afghanistan.
To apply, please send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Electrical Engineer in the subject line of the email.
This position is "Open until Filled" with preference being given to qualified applicants who apply on or before August 10, 2017.