International Student Services Advisor (SEVIS Registrar and ISSM database management)
8AM - 5PM
$44,200 - $67,500
Using professional student services/intercultural communication theories and concepts, provides expert immigration advising and support services to promote the success and wellness of international students across campus. Serves as a Designated School Official (DSO) and/or Alternate Responsible Officer (ARO) independently providing expert immigration services and regulatory advising to international students. Serves as SEVIS registration and ISSM database management advisor; monitoring data-link feeds and ensuring that the database reflects RTI and is updated, accurate and in compliance per federal regulations. In collaboration with the international student advising and support team, designs and delivers professional intercultural and support programs that facilitate the educational, professional and personal success of international students at UCR. Works with team to make recommendations for changes to policies, practices, procedures and programs impacting international students. Actively advises faculty and staff across campus, providing in-depth guidance on all matters relevant to international students; including intercultural interactions. Contributes to outreach and campus training that provides faculty, staff and students with the resources and skills they need to effectively contribute to an increasingly international campus.
Ability to develop original ideas to solve problems.
Ability in problem identification and reasoning.
Working knowledge of advising and counseling techniques.
Multicultural competencies; ability to work with diverse populations.
Skills in judgment and decision-making, problem solving, identifying measures of system performance and the actions to improve performance.
Ability to multi-task, verbal communication, and written communication skills.
Demonstrated knowledge of SEVIS reporting requirements, as well as federal immigration laws and regulations pertaining to international students in F and J status. Demonstrated ability to research comprehend, analyze and apply immigration regulations.
Skill in communicating effectively and professionally using tact and diplomacy and the ability to work effectively as an individual, a team member and with diverse groups.
Strong computer and database management skills.
Knowledge of University-specific computer application programs and knowledge of University and departmental principles and procedures involved in risk assessment and evaluating risks as to likelihood and consequences.
Knowledge of University processes and procedures.
Understanding of University rules and regulations.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview