Experienced Systems Engineer II
- Job Overview:
- TBNG Consulting, has an immediate opportunity for an experienced, motivated & qualified individual to join its Engineering team in the position of Systems Network Engineer II. Salary range is commensurate with experience.
Please do not contact us unless you have at least 5 years of networking experience or equivalent
- Minimum Qualifications:
- 5+ year's of demonstrable experience in the design, implementation, and support of infrastructure systems, applications, and related technologies.
- Current, relative industry technical certifications and continuing education (i.e. Cisco, VMware, Microsoft, Fortinet, etc.).
- Proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States
- Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English, both in oral and written form.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Must be a self-starter that is reliable, punctual, and consistent with excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Experience with large project roll-outs
- Experience designing, evaluating, recommending and implementing networking solution
- Manage a queue of work requests to meet service levels.
- Provide Troubleshooting and problem solving for network and application issues.
- Preferred Qualifications & Expectations:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or related field
- Strong technical engineering skills are preferred.
- Skills and experience with PowerShell and Batch commands
- Extensive experience with Microsoft server operating systems, Active Directory (AD), Linux platforms, VMware and related technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking design, implementation, and troubleshooting. Applicant should be able to operate confidently in and consult on complex environments that include distributed routing, loop-free access networks, Ethernet Fabrics, and is aware of the capabilities of software defined networks.
- Intermediate knowledge of enterprise class firewall management. Applicant should understand how to effectively create security policies based off of addressing, users, applications, and services.
- Intermediate knowledge of ipsec tunnels for site-to-site tunnels, SSL VPN, and other remote connectivity systems.
- Understand risk-oriented cyber security practices.
- Knowledge of how to implement QoS on switches, routers, and firewalls will be highly considered
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Exchange design, implementation, and troubleshooting. Applicant should know the differences between Exchange 2010/2013/2016 and demonstrate proficiency in day-to-day administration of these systems.
- Support experience with high availability solutions such as: clustering, data replication, dynamic resource allocation, and related procedures.
- Experience in designing, managing, and troubleshooting SANs.
- Working technical knowledge of current enterprise compute platforms and their implementation and administration in a highly virtualized infrastructure.
- Perform advanced CLI troubleshooting and packet capture analysis
- Understand large scale desktop deployment strategies using tools such as WDS.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Recommend and execute modifications to server environment in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
- Microsoft AZURE and/or Amazon Web Services (AWS) Experience and certifications
- Physical Requirements:
- Work in a fast-paced, results-oriented, and ever-changing environment
- Able to maintain composure under pressure and consistently meet deadlines with internal and external customers and contacts.
Travel for this position is limited mostly to Connecticut, Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
TBNG offers a very competitive benefit package, including medical, vision and dental coverage. Other benefits include a 401(k) Plan, LTD & STD as well as Basic Life Insurance, which typically includes a discretionary match and a paid time-off policy. Our firm pays for you to stay connected by providing Smartphones to all engineers with a paid service plan as well as a company laptop. A fleet of TBNG vehicles is at your disposal for on-site client visits. You will have exposure to state-of the-art technology. Employees on our team work hard, support each other, are given opportunities to grow, and are generously compensated for their individual and team contributions.
Established in 2005, TBNG Consulting is a CT Based professional information technology consulting firm. We are a fast growing, team focused company with over a decade of experience specializing in custom network design, security implementation, managed support, and project deployment solutions for organizations looking for best-of-breed hardware and the highest quality of service. With offices in CT and RI, TBNG is proud to provide technical solutions for organizations throughout the northeast, with a focus on supporting their strategic initiatives.
Thu, 29 Jun 2017 06:19:44 PDT