BluJay Solutions Web Application Developers are responsible for the design and development of web-based applications for the supply chain industry
All of the software products we offer are hosted in a single-instance, multi-tenant model accessed by thousands of users across dozens of countries, and our primary application, the TMS®, is used to plan, execute, track, and settle billions of dollars of transportation movements every year.
We are a Scrum shop that works closely with our end users and subject matter experts to make sure that the software we build solves real-world problems and isn't painful to use.
We utilize a number of technologies including some of the usual suspects for storage and application programming (i.e. Oracle and Java, respectively) and a number of web technology tools and libraries (e.g. JSPs, Struts, Flex, jQuery) on the front end of our applications. This means our developers have the opportunity to learn and apply skills in everything from interface development to complex back end business logic.
Product development is critical to the ongoing success of BluJay Solutions, so we are committed to hiring the best and providing them the tools and knowledge to succeed. We embrace a relaxed work environment combined with comfy furniture, cool tech, and great people. We want you to find meaningful work and meaningful relationships here.
You'll need to be willing to ask questions, ready to learn (and to teach), and driven to succeed. Foosball, air hockey, and/or ping pong skills are an added bonus.
- Develop code that works
- Possess the talent to undertake and solve complex problems
- Handle multiple assignments/projects simultaneously
- Properly set priority and order for work
- Work in a fast-paced, Agile development model
- Ask for help and provide it to others
- Understand your skills and your talents and apply them appropriately
- Learn and apply new technologies and business concepts
- Maintain personal accountability for getting things done on time and with quality results
- Work effectively both in a team environment as well as independently.
- One to three years of web development experience
- Candidates will typically have a Bachelors degree, with an emphasis in CS-Software Development
- Experience displaying dynamic content via JSP, JSTL and Struts or similar technologies
- Exposure to [at least] one high-level programming language (e.g. Java, C#)
- In-depth knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, jQuery
- Experience querying relational database systems (e.g. Oracle, MySQL)
- Familiarity with one of the following tools is beneficial:
- Eclipse, Mercurial, Subversion
- This role requires a continuing right to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Its no longer just about multi-modal, omni-channel and booking tools. We are moving toward a new era of business where global trade shifts to the forefront, and supply chain becomes todays battleground. BluJay delivers the expertise, breadth of cloud-based software applications, and end-to-end collaborative visibility that organisations need to make speed a competitive weapon, and optimize their future in the global economy.
The new BluJay Solutions brand reflects the companys unique ability to help customers achieve greater velocity of global trade and operate at the speed of business even in the face of dynamic market forces and fluctuations in customer demand. With more than 40,000 carriers, shippers, forwarders, suppliers, and LSPs, the BluJay Global Trade Network is the largest in the world, creating a powerful network that delivers the benefits of universal connectivity among participants.
Tue, 27 Jun 2017 11:53:32 PDT