Project Manager / Estimator
The PM/Estimator is a critical position that is responsible for evaluating project specifications and drawings, ensuring that everything that is required to successfully bid and win projects has been completed.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- Reviews specification information and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Computes cost factors, including labor and prepares estimates for management purposes such as planning, organizing and scheduling work, preparing bids, selecting vendors or sub-contractors and determining cost effectiveness.
- Performs takeoffs on blueprints (i.e., scaling drawings, counting windows, entrances and/or panels, etc.)
- Attend pre-bid walk- thru's and contractor meetings.
- Consults with owners, contractors, vendors, foreman/superintendents, and project managers to develop and communicate estimates.
- Discusses changes and adjustments to cost estimates with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors.
- Make follow-up calls to clients/contractors to develop and maintain good business relationships.
- Communicate project details/strategy to jobsite foremen and superintendents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 1-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience- Required.
- Ability to read and comprehend architectural blueprints, drawings and specifications - Required.
- Basic math and algebra skills, along with ability to understand ruler measurements- Required.
- Proficient in the use of PC and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook and Word) - Preferred.
- communication and interpersonal skills, including verbal, written, e-mail and telephone communication Required.
- Ability to work independently and/or within a team.
- Advanced time management and organizational skill and be able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Quality Conscious with a strong focus on accuracy and attention to details.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work extra hours as projects and workloads require.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to talk and hear.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with arms. Frequently required to sit for long periods of time.
- May occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to use hands to finger, handle or touch objects, tools or controls.
- Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally moderate.
Dental & Vision Insurance
Our Company was founded in 1997. From its humble beginning as a two-employee/one-truck firm, Our company has expanded dynamically in its first 20 years. Our company now employs over 200 people at three different locations in Tupelo, Jackson, and Westpoint Mississippi, and currently has over $100 million of volume in progress. Although the initial focus of the company was solely on construction, Our company has evolved other key service lines, such as a full-service demolitions unit, heavy construction division, trucking, and a real estate division.
Our company is a company anchored to a simple vision: continue serving as a Mississippi industry leader while continuing to expand our reach to become the preferred provider of construction services in our region. Our company continues to expand into new markets to better serve our clients and meet their needs. We pride ourselves on exceptional client relationships, a decade of client satisfaction and meticulous attention to construction detail and safety measures. All of our superintendents are highly seasoned specialists who receive yearly safety construction training. Over the years, we has been recognized for our dedication to creating a safe workplace and continues to keep safety a top priority as we move forward.
Sun, 25 Jun 2017 07:34:01 PDT