Registered nurses case manager! (contract and per diem)
JOB SUMMARY: Utilizes the nursing process for assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation to provide safe, therapeutic care. Functions as a member of the interdisciplinary and nursing teams; carries out established nursing procedures and performs related duties as required; performs nursing care for patients with complex needs. Manages patient care administered by other members of the nursing team. Recognized as a leader and clinical resource. Demonstrates investment in the overall forward movement of the practice and the organization.
• BLS /CPR Current American Heart Association CPR
• ACLS (as needed)
• PLAS (as needed)
• TB Test (results within the last year)
• Immunization records
• Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California
• (1-5) more years of recent nursing experience
• Must demonstrate observational skills and the ability to set priorities.
• Ability to function independently and effectively with shifting priorities and considerable pressure.
• Must be able to function under stress and with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must demonstrate effective skills in applying hospital standards in area of service, team work, communication, respect for others, and time/priority management.
• Ability to delegate tasks in a style that is consistent with promoting leadership and teamwork, seeking assistance as needed; ability to demonstrate leadership experience that support teamwork, professionalism, high quality patient experience, evidence based clinical practice, or other relevant topics.
• Demonstrates ability to develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with physicians, nurses, and other medical staff.
• Contributes to team building through participation in unit programs and meetings; contributes to positive morale, using constructive and effective conflict resolution skills.
• Demonstrates ability to remain current in professional and technical knowledge and apply this to the job; looks for opportunities for continual improvement in patient care, the work environment, and a commitment to lifelong learning in the field of nursing.
1. Evaluates nursing interventions by patient outcomes.
2. Participates with supervisor in annual formal evaluation and developmental plan.
3. Assumes responsibility for own career development, CPR certification, and licensure requirements.
1. Patients and Families
A. Identifies learning needs.
B. Identifies readiness and best way of learning.
C. Develops appropriate teaching tools and programs.
D. Provides patients and significant others with verbal and written information concerning their specific illnesses and therapies.
E. Provides patients having procedures with pre and post instructions.
F. Evaluates teaching by patient outcomes and progress.
G. Revises teaching plans according to needs and changing therapy.
H. Collaborates with all caregivers to provide the patients and families with information concerning highly predictable outcomes from their diseases and therapy including toxicities, side effects and increasing morbidity.
I. Documents teaching and patient's response.
A. Participates in orientation of nurses, staff, physicians and students.
B. Mentors new staff.
C. Participates in teaching programs of many disciplines by giving formal classes and as a role model demonstrating clinical competence.
D. Must understand basic computer applications.
E. Must be comfortable documenting and charting on a computer application
1. Demonstrates courtesy, common sense and follow-through in all telephone communications. Maintains the telephone standards as established by the Medical Center staff.
2. Ensures a professional and helpful working environment by upholding the House Standards as adopted by the Medical Center staff.
3. Demonstrates ability to listen and establishes an environment that enables patients and families to ventilate feelings.
4. Demonstrates accepting and unbiased behaviors.
5. Recognizes and resolves conflicts with or without assistance from supervisor.
6. Participates in staff meetings.
7. Documents thoroughly and accurately all required and pertinent information in the patient's medical record.
United Nursing International Health Care provides facilities nationwide with quality, experienced caring nurses and allied healthcare professionals. UNI has been providing healthcare facilities with supplemental, per diem, contract and travel healthcare professionals since 1986. We provide our clients with staffing and management support services 24 hours per day 7 days a week.
San Francisco, CA
Sun, 9 Jul 2017 10:36:50 PDT