High-end residential electronic systems integrator seeks a Field Technician to install and set up audio, video, lighting, voice/data and control systems in high-end residences.
Field Technicians are trained technology professionals who combine their technical expertise with exceptional craftsmanship to deliver beautiful, reliable, easy to use systems for our high-end clients. Working in teams, Field Techs are hands on self-starters who plan their work, use skill and creativity to solve problems, and deliver client systems on time and on budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform all phases of the installation and configuration of integrated residential technology systems
• Under the direction of a Lead Technician, complete daily and weekly assignments as planned
• Identify challenges and obstacles early and develop creative solutions to overcome them
Skills and Abilities Required:
Applicants should have a minimum of 1 year experience in residential electronic systems installation or service.
Additional skills and abilities include:
• Knowledge of residential systems integration including audio/video, lighting, shades, climate control, security, CCTV, telephone and computer networks.
• Knowledge of high-end equipment and control systems including the ability to setup, configure, calibrate, and commission equipment after physical installation
• An understanding of signal flows and control systems for distributed audio, video, and home theater systems and the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems
• Ability to read and interpret blue prints, electronic schematics, and user manuals
• Knowledge of construction techniques and wiring methods for new construction and retrofit projects
• Proficient with hand and power tools used to complete physical installations of speakers, displays, equipment racks, and ventilation systems
• Ability to work under pressure, assess multiple demands, and manage priorities
• Ability to communicate effectively in person and/or via email, phone, or text to varied audiences.
• Ability to handle and set up different size ladders, scaffolding, and operate different types of lifts.
• Familiar with the use of proper safety equipment for specific tasks and personal protection
• Ability to perform calculations, analyze reports, and engage in strategic and creative problem solving. Language requirements are reading, writing, and speaking in English
• Physical requirements include standing, sitting, walking, bending, climbing, reaching and lifting up to 80 lbs.
We are looking for self-managed individuals who are driven to make whatever they touch the best it can be.
Founded in 1996, Audio Visual Design Group (AVDG) is a leading design-build firm specializing in audio visual systems for commercial and residential spaces worldwide.
AVDG has a world-class technical staff considered to be among the best in the industry. This high level of technical ability makes us uniquely qualified to deliver sophisticated systems that are elegant, yet simple to use.
Our clients have trusted us to create audio visual spaces that allow them to connect, collaborate and work more effectively. With business moving at the speed of light and technology constantly evolving it is imperative that our systems be reliable and robust. Anything less could negatively impact our clients
With that in mind, we have made it our mission to design and install systems tailored to our clients and to provide unparalleled ongoing services and support of these systems. Technology may be complicated but the user experience should not be.
San Rafael, CA
Tue, 4 Jul 2017 06:21:14 PDT