Project Engineer - Construction Experience Required
As a Project Engineer, you will assist the Project Manager in performing the day to day duties to facilitate and manage pre-construction and construction activities of multi-family apartment projects. Your duties will consist of, but not be limited to, preparing initial project estimates and final budgets, sending out invitations to bid and tracking the bidding process, scope and contract preparation, obtaining various permits, preparing and reviewing project schedules, estimating and verifying change order requests, responding to RFI's and responding to subcontractor and consultants project related questions, preparing and tracking project submittals, assisting in maintaining the performance of each subcontractor, maintaining conformance to individual project budgets, verifying compliance with the plans and specifications, and attending weekly and monthly jobsite meetings and other duties necessary for the successful completion of the projects. You will report directly to the Project Manager who reports to the Vice President and President. You will be expected to stay motivated, work diligently, meet deadlines and add value to the construction team as well as represent the company in a professional manner at all times. All projects will require weekly and monthly reporting to the Owner's Representative and Architect. Occasionally airplane travel for jobsite visits and meetings may be required.
- 4 year college degree
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in real estate development or in the construction of multi- family apartments with verifiable references;
- Proficient in scheduling with Microsoft Project or other software equivalent;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook;
- Proficient in reviewing and understanding all construction documents including building plans and specifications;
- Ability to prepare and review scopes, RFI's and submittals;
- Previous employment with a 3rd party general contractor unrelated to the owner;
- Positive attitude, professional workmanship and appearance, detail orientated and results driven;
Great Medical, Dental and Health Coverage, 401k, Vacation, Training Programs, Workshops, and more.
Santa Clara, CA
Sun, 2 Jul 2017 15:25:41 PDT