Sketcher / Draftsman
Sketcher / Draftsman
- Candidates must possess knowledge of sheetmetal & HVAC drafting.
- Be able to prepare / produce shop drawings for fabrication
- Make revisions and corrections to existing drawings, when requested and as needed
- Provide accurate shop drawings or sketches from site surveys, based on mechanical schematic drawings
- Coordinate and work in conjunction with other trades with designs, layouts or details
- Be able to provide detailed drawings and section views
- Conduct field surveys and return with dimensions and data of existing conditions
- Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- Team Player
- Have good communication skills
- Communicate with supervisors, project managers other internal departments and customers as required for project work
- Works well under pressure in a fast pace environment
J.M. Haley Corporation is a fully-insured, full-service, sheet-metal duct shop located in Farmingdale, Long Island. It opened its doors for business over 40 years ago and incorporated in 1971. Throughout its four decades of providing exceptional service, it has continually expanded its capabilities which include fabrication of galvanized, black-iron, aluminum and stainless-steel metals in an automated state-of-the-art facility.
J.M. Haley, Corp. services HVAC projects that typically range in scope of $25,000 and $1 Million per job. The company's office staff performs estimating, drafting, planning, specification and design for renovation and ground-up construction projects. The extensive field and shop teams that fabricate and install duct work are members of the United Service Workers Union, IUJAT, Local 355. The Union has a New York State approved apprenticeship program for sheet metal workers.
The qualified staff includes six full-time Draftsman that can turn shop drawings within 48 hours of request. Four full-time Project Managers offer assistance and guidance to the field service men and customer-partner teams. The 60+ shop and field staff are trained through the Union Apprenticeship Program and comply with all SMACNA guidelines. This partnership with the Union promotes professional standards and an on-going education of the HVAC Sheet Metal business.
Geographically, J.M. Haley, Corp. bids projects in all five boroughs of New York City, Long Island, New Jersey and Connecticut. It is deeply proud of its reputation throughout the tri-state area for performing quality work and completing projects to the extreme satisfaction of its customers. J.M. Haley Corporation appreciates the opportunity to bid on any project related to the HVAC industry. Feel free to browse the website and review the core customer partnerships and recent successful projects.
Fri, 14 Jul 2017 10:20:20 PDT