Marketing Manager, Industrial Cell Culture
We are seeking a Marketing Manager to plan, develop, organize and implement global marketing strategies, initiatives, and tactical programs to achieve sales targets and optimize Irvine Scientifics' business opportunities within the Industrial Cell Culture market.
- This position interacts with varying levels of internal and external personnel and will require direct customer communication, public presentation, and a team-focused approach.
- Strong business and customer focus are essential.
- Support assigned product line(s).
- Effectiveness in this role requires the ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing: Irvine Scientific's product development and marketing plans, along with strong/deep knowledge of the target market, market/customer expectations, and requirements for developing, promoting and selling products to such a market.
- This person will develop and manage a portfolio of on-market and new products under development.
- Responsible for development of portfolio strategy, product definition, positioning, and product lifecycle management.
- Develop global strategies and tactics for contending with the opportunities and threats in the assigned primary markets to ensure increased market share for all of Irvine Scientific's products.
- Identify, evaluate, justify and recommend the development of products to improve product line business opportunities in the market.
- As the in-house expert in the defined market segment(s), will provide guidance, advice and counsel to support the efforts of the organization and Irvine Scientific management around strategic marketing issues pertinent to assigned responsibilities.
- Recommending product modifications or improvements based on market research, sales personnel and market/customer feedback, process improvement and cost [COGS] improvement.
- Marketing of product line(s) to ensure that business objectives are met.
- Formulating and recommending product pricing, including published price list, custom pricing, special customer pricing [RFQ/quotes] and distributor pricing.
- Traveling and representing Irvine Scientific at conferences, tradeshows and customer sites.
- Promoting and cultivating relationships with industry leaders and key customers through support, activities, memberships in appropriate organizations, and advisory board panels.
- Analyzing sales and profit performance of assigned product areas, assessing effects of promotions and providing reports to management. Based on such analyses, recommends enhancements to promotional efforts.
- Must be able to manage project scope, budget and schedule to achieve timely completion of project deliverables.
- Responsible for maintenance and growth of profitability for the assigned product lines.
- Developing new/creative marketing programs, strategies and tactics to ensure that all sales channels are maximizing opportunities to position product lines to achieve business objectives.
- Inputting fully characterized justifications for new product ideas. Carries out market assessments for proposed products.
- Leading new product development process from concept through commercialization, including voice of customer research, definition of customer and product requirements and value proposition, detailed business proposal to rationalize product development project, and management of product launches, sales training, and post-launch performance reconciliation.
- Proposing opportunities for portfolio extensions, including ancillary products for product lines.
- Developing business proposals for company investments which assess impact on worldwide markets, short- and long-term strategies, short- and long-term market forecasts, customer requirements, proposed pricing, financial and strategic impact on overall Irvine Scientific business objectives.
- Developing and implementing long-range and short-range marketing plans that will capitalize on opportunities for new and existing products, including objectives, strategy, promotion and pricing recommendations.
- 6+ years of Life Sciences technical marketing experience with additional scientific/technical background relevant to the specific needs of the ICC product/services portfolio.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders and resolving conflict within teams.
- Product Development experience [business/commercial recommendations/justifications].
- Product Management/Marketing/Sales experience.
- Must be creative in developing plans and strategies that enhance market share and well-versed in marketing techniques and their applicability to various customer segments.
- Deep but efficient accumulation of knowledge associated with cell culture bioprocessing and Irvine's current and planned capabilities to address opportunities within that market.
- Understanding of the current state of the market, impending changes to competitive environment or technology disruption, and ongoing or emerging trends.
- Sales and marketing know-how, along with a Life Sciences/biopharma (cell culture bioproduction) technical/applications background is expected.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English with very high proficiency, sufficient for public representation of Irvine Scientific on the global stage.
- Must have excellent communication skills, including oral, written and presentation techniques.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Job is essentially office-based in nature with considerable work using computers and telephones. Ability to type and hear is necessary.
- Travel - approximately 10-20% - will be expected, both domestic (US) and international.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must be physically capable of a moderate amount of air travel.
To apply: Please send resume with salary history to: IS_HR@irvinesci.com. Please put MMICC 042716 in the subject line.
Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer.
Irvine Scientific, a member of JX Holdings Group, is a worldwide leader in the innovation and manufacture of cell culture media, reagents, and medical devices for researchers and clinicians. The company provides unrivalled service and quality to scientists working in cell therapy and regenerative medicine, assisted reproductive technology and cytogenetics, and industrial cell culture for the large-scale production of biotherapeutics and vaccines. Irvine Scientific adheres to both ISO and FDA regulations and operates dual cGMP manufacturing facilities in California, USA and Tokyo, Japan. The company's consultative philosophy combined with expertise in cell culture and compliance provides customers with unique capabilities and support. For over 40 years Irvine Scientific has remained uniquely flexible and focused on media while becoming a strategic global leader in media products and services. Additional information can be found at www.irvinesci.com.
Santa Ana, CA
Fri, 14 Jul 2017 14:41:05 PDT