Senior Kernel Engineer
Expansion of DataControl into AWS, Azure, KVM and OpenStack. The ideal candidate will combine expertise in server management, virtualization and security with drive and leadership to build a killer product.
- Design and build core components that secure data and management of enterprise-scale servers operating across private and public clouds
- Deliver high-performance solutions by collaborating with your peers to hunt-down bottlenecks and optimize the performance and scalability essential for Cloud customers
- Research new technologies and techniques that help us innovate new ways to secure and operationalize the virtualized data center
- Accept the leadership responsibilities of your projects, offer support in the projects lead by others
- Work independently and with a team, commit to delivery schedules, take ownership of both your contribution and to the overall success of the products and their use by HyTrust customers
- Be ready to assist all the other teams that make a fast-moving startup a success (Customer Support, Sales, Documentation, QA, Marketing, Partner and Business Development, etc.)
- Skills and Requirements:
- BA, BS, or equivalent in a technical field of study (such as computer science, electrical engineering, or mathematics) or equivalent work experience
- 6 or more years of experience designing and building kernel level code, drivers, etc. for Linux and/or Windows
- Extensive experience with C, C++, Python, and other scripting languages, Kernel debuggers, driver-level development techniques
- Comfortable working, setting-up, configuring Virtual Machines and Linux hosts
- Proficiency working on and configuring one or more virtualization platforms: vSphere, KVM, Xen, Openstack, Hyper-V
- Experience working with one or more cloud-based hosts: AWS, Rackspace, Azure, vCHS, etc.
- Familiarity with security and compliance standards will be a plus
- Expert troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects and customer escalations at the same time, develop work estimates, and coordinate schedules with your colleagues while prioritizing and working to deadlines
HyTrust's mission is to make private, public and hybrid cloud infrastructure more trustworthy for enterprises, service providers and government agencies. HyTrust provides solutions that automate security controls for software-defined computing, networking and storage workloads to achieve the highest levels of visibility, granular policy control and data protection. Areas of focus include the automation of security controls for infrastructure management, workload encryption and key management, infrastructure integrity checking and global workload placement and migration.
HyTrust customers benefit from being able to accelerate cloud and virtualization cost savings while improving their security posture by automating and enforcing security policy in real time, adapting quickly to compliance requirements, and preventing unplanned outages.
Headquartered in Mountain View, CA, HyTrust is backed by the leading providers of strategic IT infrastructure including VMware, Cisco, and Fortinet; by the vanguard of innovative solutions for the intelligence community, In-Q-Tel; and by a world class group of financial investors including AIT Ventures, Granite Ventures, Trident Capital and Vanedge Capital.
Mountain View, CA
Wed, 28 Jun 2017 14:40:23 PDT