SQL Server DBA
Please include your resume, contact information, salary history, and salary requirements in your response.
No relocation or Telecommuting candidates, please.
SQL Server DBA
The SQL Server DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications. This is a "hands-on" position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainability of the SQL Server Warehouse, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health and performance), executing data loads, and performing data modeling in support of multiple development teams. The data warehouse supports an enterprise application suite of program management tools. Candidate must be capable of working independently and collaboratively.
- 5+ years experience managing SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexible, team player, "get-it-done" personality
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
CheckAlt is a Check 21 application and processing provider for financial institutions and businesses. CheckAlt assists financial institutions in more efficiently processing their items from all capture points within the bank or credit union, and in attracting and retaining business customers with innovative white label payment solutions. Additionally, CheckAlt offers easy-to-integrate APIs for mobile and web developers that want to accept Check 21 payments.
Products include eChecks, Item Processing, Remote Deposit Capture (RDC), Mobile Capture, Mobile Payments, eCommerce, Lockbox Services, Bill Payments, Duplicate Detection, Statement Rendering, and Electronic Bill Presentment.
Acquired ERAS division from Diebold in June 2014 ERAS established in 1988
Acquired Klik Technologies in June 2016. Klik established 2000
300 employees based in California, Florida, Atlanta, Detroit, Boston, and elsewhere
400+ clients, mostly mid-tier financial institutions
Leader in Check 21 solutions for financial institutions and merchants
Valley Cottage, NY
Mon, 26 Jun 2017 14:36:46 PDT