Commercial drywall superintendent
John Wayne Construction (JWC) is a licensed and insured General Contractor, specializing in drywall, framing, painting and specialty coatings. JWC services the General Contractor community as a subcontractor in the commercial markets of South Florida.
John Wayne Construction is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Drywall Project Superintendent. This is a salary position and compensation will be commensurate with verifiable field experience.
• Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently. Ability to also communicate in Spanish is strongly preferred.
• Have extensive knowledge of drywall and metal framing.
• Working knowledge of the construction industry is required including reading plans/layouts/prints
• Ability to schedule projects in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadline.
• Projects are time-sensitive so multi-tasking is necessary to effectively complete daily tasks.
• The Superintendent coordinates all site construction activities and supervises all field personnel to successfully complete the job on schedule and within budget.
• Determine field requirements, interview, hire, and train new employees.
• Ability to use cloud-based technologies such as schedule grid and e-mail.
• Ability to inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes along with meeting quality standards.
• Must be able to provide layout for new drywall partitions.
• 100% complete full project responsibility for scheduling, coordination and field commitments.
• Manage field personnel, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
• Direct activities concerned with production, pricing, sales and/or distribution.
• Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients.
• Provide Quality Control on a daily basis.
• Maintain positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
• Mitigate delays & damages due to bad weather or emergencies on site.
• Ensure all project sites are kept in a clean and organized manner.
• Order materials and schedule inspections as necessary
• Keep cost records on work performed (including change orders) and materials.
• Communicate daily with project manager.
To learn more about John Wayne Construction please visit our website at www.jwcusa.com
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Sat, 1 Jul 2017 13:20:44 PDT